• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is Colored Chat Spamming?

AFTER READING THE THREAD: Do you think colored chat is spamming?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (I ask you provide a reasonable counter-argument in the comments.)

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
I believe using colored chat is spamming. This might sound like a pointless argument, but it technically breaks the MCSG rules.

Rule #5: "Spamming is an unnecessary way of gaining attention..."

I took this screenshot earlier today. Any platinum member or higher is ALLOWED to do this, even though it breaks the rules. Look at the chat. What's the first thing that grabs your attention? Is it the blue text of the moderators, something that every user should see to avoid confusion and rule breaking? Or is it the platinum user? http://prntscr.com/3rbr51

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
The internet's definition of spam is repeated and pointless messages. However pointless this "find Carrie's dad" was, it isn't spam because the user posted it once and broke no other rules with said post. Calling this spam is an insult to spammers. Have a pleasant day please. QA....

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
The internet's definition of spam is repeated and pointless messages. However pointless this "find Carrie's dad" was, it isn't spam because the user posted it once and broke no other rules with said post. Calling this spam is an insult to spammers. Have a pleasant day please. QA....
Your definition of spam is completely different than that of MCGamer. Since we are on the MCSG forums, owned by MCGamer, I think we should use that definition. In their definition, nothing about repeating is mentioned, only attention and priority.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
MCGamer classifies spam as repetition of a message with the intention of prioritizing their information over another's. Colored chat, while more noticeable, in no way equates to repetition of a message.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
MCGamer classifies spam as repetition of a message with the intention of prioritizing their information over another's. Colored chat, while more noticeable, in no way equates to repetition of a message.
^ He essentially reiterated what I said. That'd be correct.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
As I answered this for you in the hub before you posted this thread and you have seen several people above say the exact same things, I can only assume your question has been answered and I will lock the thread. PM me if you have any more questions, please.

P.S. - Please post questions like this in the General Support section next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci