• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Installing Optifine for 1.6.1?

LaxTerrier

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello,
As you know, Minecraft 1.6.1 was recently released. Awesome update!
However, I used about half of my day trying to figure out how to install
optifine for it. My bin is currently my old one, with optifine installed. However,
that wont transfer to the new launcher you had to download. In conclusion,
does anyone know how to install optifine for 1.6.1?
Thanks so much! :)
-LaxTerrier

8feetunder

Platinum
Reaction score
If you look under Optifine's thread on the minecraft forums, they're only at about 15% done with the update for 1.6.1. It should be out soon. Don't download from any other site claiming to have the 1.6.1 update... only from either optifine or it's thread on the mc forums.

LaxTerrier

Survivor
Reaction score
If you look under Optifine's thread on the minecraft forums, they're only at about 15% done with the update for 1.6.1. It should be out soon. Don't download from any other site claiming to have the 1.6.1 update... only from either optifine or it's thread on the mc forums.
Thanks so much, but I was more interested in actually how to install it. I believe my bin in corresponding to my old minecraft launcher, not the new one that you had to install. Any clue about that?

8feetunder

Platinum
Reaction score
I actually don't remember how to install it off the top of my head. But if you search on youtube for tutorial vids, that's what walked me through it. Good luck!

8feetunder

Platinum
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood your question. You'll have to wait for optifine to release the newest update for 1.6.1 in order for it to be compatible to install for the new update to 1.6.1.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Shame my new Minecraft launcher refuses to work, I was working on something special!

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Installing mods like OptiFine are very different for 1.6.1. See my new thread that im going to post soon on how to install it!

MCSG_pro011

Diamond
Reaction score
Heres what you need to do, first locate your versions folder, then open the 1.6.1.jar with WinRar, 7zip etc. Then drag all the optifine .class files into the 1.6.1 jar, finally, make sure all the files are in the .jar and simply close the window. Run minecraft and enjoy. Just a Quick note to remember is that the bin folder is no longer required to download mods, it's simply there because of the old update. ex. If someone buys minecraft when it's updated to 1.6.1 then they wouldn't have the bin folder because they never downloaded it when the bin folder was still included, I suggest you ignore the bin folder, it's no longer needed for the modding process, although optifine hasn't been released yet, I'm positive it will work

MahxiXBL

Diamond
Reaction score
Heres what you need to do, first locate your versions folder, then open the 1.6.1.jar with WinRar, 7zip etc. Then drag all the optifine .class files into the 1.6.1 jar, finally, make sure all the files are in the .jar and simply close the window. Run minecraft and enjoy. Just a Quick note to remember is that the bin folder is no longer required to download mods, it's simply there because of the old update. ex. If someone buys minecraft when it's updated to 1.6.1 then they wouldn't have the bin folder because they never downloaded it when the bin folder was still included, I suggest you ignore the bin folder, it's no longer needed for the modding process, although optifine hasn't been released yet, I'm positive it will work
Optifine isn't available for 1.6?...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci