• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Inception end, dream/awake? Answer

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So I thought the end of Inception was clever and just open to interpretation...
Guess not cuz this kinda blew my mind

Maybe I am behind on learning this but its still awesome non the less.

Bonus rant
PS I thought the movie was a bit overated. The fact that it was deep and hard to understand was also overrated. It was a rather simple concept and at no point in the movie was I lost and there was no mind blowing reveals. Maybe besides this one..
I liked the movie and it was good. Just thought the wow factor was a bit overrated.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Considering I watched Inception for the first time last week, I'm glad I can talk about it x3

I haven't heard that particular theory, that his wedding ring was his totem, but I did know about the wedding ring only appearing in his dreams. It does make sense, and whether the ring is his totem or not, the fact that it does not appear at the end pretty much points to the fact that it's reality.

Also, the fact that the totem wobbled in it's spin. In the dream scenes, it continually spun, with no hint of a wobble or any topple at all. That also points towards reality.

But I have a feeling that the point of the end was not to know/make educated guesses as to whether it was dream or reality, but to make you think about it xP Possibly the writers don't even know what the outcome is.

And I do tend to agree with your other statement, about it being rather over rated. Considering the movie has been out for a few years, and I had heard things like "WHOAAAA that movie is so trippy, I had to watch it heeeaps before I got it". I didn't find it difficult to grasp the concept at all, either. I did like the movie though, but you are right, the mind blowing factor was slightly overrated.

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've seen that theory too, but I still don't really understand the movie... It hurts! (Might be because i fell asleep for half an hour during the movie and missed something :p)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci