• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

In your opinion should video evidence of hacking be necessary?

Evidence necessary for all to see?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

thebowiejohn

Survivor
Reaction score
If a mod spots someone, and thinks they're hacking, do you believe they should need to record then post video evidence? Or do you think they should just be able to ban on their own will? Not that I've been banned, I'm just wondering people's opinions. Same goes with abuse of any sort, should evidence always be necessary no matter who does the banning?

I feel as if this would stop complaining from the person being banned and their friends. Someone joining a server saying "Unban (insert players name here) they don't hack!!!" Also it would be good to be able to see who hacks in case you play with them and don't want to play with hackers or abusers.

Anyway just wondering what people think, this isn't necessarily about MCSG, any server really.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think while it would be nice if we could do it this way, it is necessary. Without it you could easily get unbanned- there's no way to prove you really did anything. It's would lead to more complaining from people who got banned without proof. Also, it would be harder to distinguish those who really were unfairly banned and those who hacked but there was no proof.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Evidence is 100% necessary. I would have absolutely no faith in a system that allowed moderators to ban players without evidence of their transgressions.

thebowiejohn

Survivor
Reaction score
Some servers are run like a dictatorship, something I do not approve of. I don't understand how they expect people to commit to a server if the players will be banned for anything from using a fishing rod too much, to killing a mod in a "suspicious" way. Good to see that there are no "No's" yet in the poll.

joetheegg7

Spectator
Reaction score
I feel like there should be a video posted, for example, if a Moderator (No Offense To Anyone Whos Mod) sucks at PVP, they could think a strafer is a hacker. Or someone better is a hacker. There should be a poll!

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Absolutely yes, players could always say that they were unfairly banned. Not only that, I think that if evidence weren't required, a lot more unfair bans would occur.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Of course, and it certainly is required of MCSG mods to have evidence before banning someone. If mods could just ban someone based on suspicion or even if they just didn't like someone, that would be completely unfair to the person.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci