• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I need help with strafing!

xSpley

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I really need help in strafing good while fighting. Strafing is very effective when people do it right. However, i can't really strafe good. I run straight to my opponent and then, when i am ca 6 blocks away from him, i press W, D and turn my mouse to the left site, so that i strafe to the right side.
But its not really effective, because people get almost every time more hits on me or they are comboing me ao often..
If u guys have any tips / tricks for strafing good, please write them in the comments.
Thank you so much!

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Try alternating between strafing to the left and the right. This can greatly confuse the opponent sometimes. Of course, you'll want to make sure you get the mechanics of a good strafe down. Will take some practice, but you can do it if you try hard enough. :) Good luck.

xSpley

Tribute
Reaction score
Try alternating between strafing to the left and the right. This can greatly confuse the opponent sometimes. Of course, you'll want to make sure you get the mechanics of a good strafe down. Will take some practice, but you can do it if you try hard enough. :) Good luck.
Thank you very much :)

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
You sound like you are doing it somewhat right, technique wise. One strafe-like technique a lot of good players use is they run straight at opponent, through them, and rapidly turn around, hitting the player while they are still facing the wrong direction. This is a simpler form of beginner strafing, and can be adapted from there.

Hope I helped :)

xSpley

Tribute
Reaction score
You sound like you are doing it somewhat right, technique wise. One strafe-like technique a lot of good players use is they run straight at opponent, through them, and rapidly turn around, hitting the player while they are still facing the wrong direction. This is a simpler form of beginner strafing, and can be adapted from there.

Hope I helped :)
Yes, thank you :) But when i try to run straightly threw my opponent, he will hit me before i runned threw him.

ButterBacca87

Survivor
Reaction score
There are many forms of strafing you could Click A with W and then do D with W so he can't you as easily but in my opinion the most effective is to circle around them perhaps turning sensitivity up I have mine at hyperspeed it was so hard getting used to but by the time I was used to it I was strafing better than ever and if you don't already have your FOV up to quake pro I would advise doing that too Normal fov is impossible to strafe with it's not really but it's aggravating

I'm decent at strafing but my connection is terrible and I always get rekt :(

xSpley

Tribute
Reaction score
There are many forms of strafing you could Click A with W and then do D with W so he can't you as easily but in my opinion the most effective is to circle around them perhaps turning sensitivity up I have mine at hyperspeed it was so hard getting used to but by the time I was used to it I was strafing better than ever and if you don't already have your FOV up to quake pro I would advise doing that too Normal fov is impossible to strafe with it's not really but it's aggravating

I'm decent at strafing but my connection is terrible and I always get rekt :(
Thank you very much! :)
I have a really good connection (Ping between 25 and 30) but im so bad so i always get wrecked :(

QualiaV2

Experienced
Reaction score
Thank you very much! :)
I have a really good connection (Ping between 25 and 30) but im so bad so i always get wrecked :(
Could be that you need a lower DPI. Clicking faster always helps, along with going through them and turning as you do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci