• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Huge castle map(WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krawanan

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Me and a friend are working on a map which completely takes place within the walls of a huge castle.

The corn/spawn is located in the center of the castle which is also the courtyard.

We have lots of ideas to make this map really original and balanced:
1. There is a tower above the cornucopia, this tower is connected with other towers which can be accessed from within the castle. This makes sneaking up on spawn campers alot easier.

2. We could have 1 or 2 positions like the boat in the first map, or like the pink house in the second map(for those who do not know these, those are locations with more than 3 chests in one place)
But we will make risks to this places that makes it considerable if it is save to go to these places, some plans for this:
User activated traps, like a TNT cannon pointed at the location, a lock up(like in map 2) or movable blocks by users.
Make this places that if you get punched/are not carefull, you can easily fall to death

3. We intend to make different locations/styles within the castle, the beautiful part where the rich live( large beautiful rooms and easy to be spotted. The poor part where the servants live(close quarters lots of corridors and not so beautifull looking, and ofcourse a beutifull garden :)

more coming!

As you'd understand this map will take alot of building and will not be done within 2 weeks...

Also we are looking for some people to help in the process:
A redstone expert to help with advanced traps

2 or 3 extra builders(send us some of your work)

We will keep you updated and respond to every question!

sneakpeek of the corn:
more to come!

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Love how the cornocopia looks, very nice... and scary.
I would enjoy helping in the building process, but the server I did my best work in got hacked and removed... I only have two pictures. Do I post them on this forum?

Amras

Spectator
Reaction score
I'd like to help, but I don't have any experience building survival game maps yet, but I can handle a bit of redstone. I'm not much of a building designer (yet), but if you give me some instructions, I can create something decent.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would like to apply to help build on this map :D

Here's one of the things I wired:

Ooh a pyramid! I bet there's chest in there!
*see the pyramid exploration in the spoiler*

A switch? I'll pull it!

Hmm? I heard pistons...

This door opened... I'll go inside!

There must be a chest behind those leaves...

Oh shoot!

Well, now I'm stuck in this pit... how do I get out?

Oh.

I can also build a few good lookin' buildings.
But my best ones were on a server that got deleted... I think I have a few screenshots on my other computer.

My IGN is Boboaluitz

Amras

Spectator
Reaction score
I've created a few things to give you an idea of what I'm able to build. Click on the thumbnail to view a larger image.

Hidden dispenser circuits.jpg
Circuits for a trap with dispensers, hidden in the wall.
Hidden dispenser mechanics.jpg
Step on the wrong pressure plates, and a volley of arrows hits you, repeatedly.
Hidden door + part hidden dispensers.jpg
Next to the dispenser trap, there is a hidden door in the wall, also activated by a pressure plate.
Wooden winter house 1.jpg
A nice wooden house in the snow.
Winter house interior 1.jpg
Nice and cozy, that fireplace.
Winter house interior 3.jpg
Look, a hidden chest in the chimney.
Winter house chest mechanic.jpg
The mechanics inside the chimney.
Treasure well 1.jpg
A well. There is a treasure chest in the wall near the bottom.
Treasure well trap.jpg
Better watch your step, pressure plates will cause the ground to collapse under your feet into a lava bath.

RMontyP99

Spectator
Reaction score
I was thinking about that Cornucopia, it seems unfiar to the people that have to run to an angle to get to the copia. Meaning slight unfair chance for other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci