• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to win SurvivalGames: In depth

did it help?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • potato

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

superfastskater

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I decided to redo this thread. I am going into FULL detail in all areas. The reason why i started this thread, is to help beginners, I never got help when I started, so lets get into it, shall we?

The first thing i wanted to talk about is sword strategy, I tend to block-hit and use the fishing pole. I will break up these strategies separate.

Block-hitting: Super over powered because of the new 1.7 sprinting, getting to sprint, right after you hit(;. How to block-hit.It's very simple, I'm assuming you guys know how to hit, the only thing you have to do is press the block key, right after you press the hitting key, creating a hitting/blocking motion. It makes you deal full damage, but only makes you lose half of the hearts normally. The only downfall is that you can't run during the attack.

FishingRod Technique: The famous glitch, once you throw your line out, switch to your sword, the line will still be going out, as if you were still holding the fishingrod. This causes the opponent to become paralyzed when the line hits him, knocking him back and making his aim off balanced. This makes it easier to hit the opponent, without taking damage. Once you become good at both strategies, combine them together. I will now tell you how to combine them.

How to combine block-hitting & fishingrod: Once you hit your opponent with the fishing line, hit him with the sword without blocking, once he starts to attack again, then start to block-hit, making his hearts low, and your hearts stay the same.

Lets get into F&S(Flint and steel) : This is the most overpowered secondary weapon in the game. It slows the opponent and deals half a heart of damage. The best technique you can use is the 180. How to perform this is simple, when running away from the opponent, simply have out your F&S do a 180, light the block path hes running on, than keep running, he should be on fire, if you performed this right. This will give you enough time to A. regenerate or B. attack him, either way, its a pretty powerful item in the game.

Bow&arrows: This is a pretty tough thing to do. Lets go into Do's and Don'ts
DO: use the bow at long range
DO: use the bow in water
DON'T: use it at short range
DON'T: use it at someone who's teasing you
Okay, now that you know what to do, let's know HOW to do it
How to catch them while they are running away: First, you want to charge the bow all the way back. Secondly, you want to fire it a few blocks in front of where he's running, to catch him. Lastly, you want to fire the arrows rapidly, meaning, don't wait for the arrow to hit him, just keep firing where you think hes going to go.
How to use it in water: This is what makes the bow over powered. The opponent is very vulnerable, because your opponent can't dodge your arrows. You can keep charging the arrows and fire without missing, and is most likely a guaranteed kill.
Why you can't use the bow at short range: The amount of time it take to charge the bow, they will already be close enough to catch a hit or two on you. Arrow spamming is also a very stupid tactic to use close range, because you lose arrows and it does no damage.

Thanks for reading and please add anything i forgot

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Bow spamming at short range is useful if your opponent has to come through a very narrow (one-block wide is preferable) space to get to you. This strategy also applies to fire placement chokepoints which I have explained at length in a previous thread.

superfastskater

Survivor
Reaction score
Yes, that is true, but a have decent player will either fire back, or just leave and comeback.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
"
" Uh.. I disagree completely, using a bow at a short range, especially with combination of other secondaries is VERY helpful.

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
No offence, but this is no better than the other thread that you created, and if I used these tactics as you described them, I'd probably start losing games
Also you didn't go into any detail about the "DONT: Use your bow when someone is teasing you" what exactly does that mean

Criminals

Tribute
Reaction score
i dont like the bow&arrow part, if i would do that then i would lose the game 4sure, btw bow spamming might be annoying but its helpful too...

Zioligy

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey guys, I decided to redo this thread. I am going into FULL detail in all areas. The reason why i started this thread, is to help beginners, I never got help when I started, so lets get into it, shall we?

The first thing i wanted to talk about is sword strategy, I tend to block-hit and use the fishing pole. I will break up these strategies separate.

Block-hitting: Super over powered because of the new 1.7 sprinting, getting to sprint, right after you hit(;. How to block-hit.It's very simple, I'm assuming you guys know how to hit, the only thing you have to do is press the block key, right after you press the hitting key, creating a hitting/blocking motion. It makes you deal full damage, but only makes you lose half of the hearts normally. The only downfall is that you can't run during the attack.

FishingRod Technique: The famous glitch, once you throw your line out, switch to your sword, the line will still be going out, as if you were still holding the fishingrod. This causes the opponent to become paralyzed when the line hits him, knocking him back and making his aim off balanced. This makes it easier to hit the opponent, without taking damage. Once you become good at both strategies, combine them together. I will now tell you how to combine them.

How to combine block-hitting & fishingrod: Once you hit your opponent with the fishing line, hit him with the sword without blocking, once he starts to attack again, then start to block-hit, making his hearts low, and your hearts stay the same.

Lets get into F&S(Flint and steel) : This is the most overpowered secondary weapon in the game. It slows the opponent and deals half a heart of damage. The best technique you can use is the 180. How to perform this is simple, when running away from the opponent, simply have out your F&S do a 180, light the block path hes running on, than keep running, he should be on fire, if you performed this right. This will give you enough time to A. regenerate or B. attack him, either way, its a pretty powerful item in the game.

Bow&arrows: This is a pretty tough thing to do. Lets go into Do's and Don'ts
DO: use the bow at long range
DO: use the bow in water
DON'T: use it at someone who's teasing you
Okay, now that you know what to do, let's know HOW to do it
How to catch them while they are running away: First, you want to charge the bow all the way back. Secondly, you want to fire it a few blocks in front of where he's running, to catch him. Lastly, you want to fire the arrows rapidly, meaning, don't wait for the arrow to hit him, just keep firing where you think hes going to go.
How to use it in water: This is what makes the bow over powered. The opponent is very vulnerable, because your opponent can't dodge your arrows. You can keep charging the arrows and fire without missing, and is most likely a guaranteed kill.
Why you can't use the bow at short range: The amount of time it take to charge the bow, they will already be close enough to catch a hit or two on you. Arrow spamming is also a very stupid tactic to use close range, because you lose arrows and it does no damage.

Thanks for reading and please add anything i forgot
How do start up Minecraft?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci