• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Win MCSG - How to PVP In General -

Did this help you?!

• Total voters

lucas_rag

Experienced
Reaction score
Greetings tributes,

I am back and I have decided to share some tips and strategies on how to win the survival games! These are the tips I use to win! Enjoy!

~Tips and Strategies~
~Sword Fighting~
Okay, lets start with probably the most important thing you need to know how to do. What you CANNOT do is run straight at a person clicking and hoping for the best! That is how you will die! So, first things first, you have to click as fast as you can. If you don't you will not be able to get as many hits off, which will probably result in your decease. Second, you must strafe!!!! I cannot emphasis on this enough! If you do not know how to strafe, or what strafing is, it is basically running around someone, or to the side, and hitting them while they can't hit you. One thing this does is confuse them. Another thing, is you will want to get behind them, so they can't hit you. This is a strategy you have to practice. If you are trying to jump around them, and they hit you away, they will most likely hit you more while you can't hit them. So you must practice! Another tactic, you can do this while strafing, is sprint jumping and when you land hit them. This will most likely result in a critical hit, doing more hearts and knocking them back further. Now personally I don't like block hitting, but it does work in some cases. If you are in an enclosed area and can not strafe, I recommend block hitting. What this does is it puts less damage on yourself. That is the only time I recommend block hitting. So that is the basics of sword fighting.
If you are more advanced, there is another technique. This is used by great pvpers such as egrodo. If you do this wrong, you have a good chance at dying. So first of all you will need a fishing rod. What you do is when you are running to someone and they are running at you, you hit them with the fishing rod knocking them backwards. While they are going backwards, you hit them, making them keep going backwards. This makes it so they cannot get away, and they also can't hit you as they are going backwards. This also creates combos. That is it for sword fighting!
~Secondary Weapons~
Secondary weapons are arguably just as important as your sword. These can help you take on teams a lot! Lets start off with the bow. So to get good with the bow, you just have to practice. There is really no other way. So If a team is chasing you, you can use f5 to see behind you, and you quickly turn around and shoot. Now you have to practice to be good at that. That will keep them further away, and damaging them in the process. A great thing to know how to do.
Now lets get into Flint and Steel. Flint and Steel is probably one of the most important aspects of the game. Flint and Steel does 4 hearts of damage every time you set someone on fire if I am not mistaken. This is a great tool to take on teams. If they are chasing you, again you use f5 to see where they are, and then set them on fire. This will damage them, keep them away from you, and you will most likely kill them. Also if you are in an enclosed area and you can not strafe, you simply set them on fire, and you should kill them. Hopefully you can see how important secondary weapons are.
~Taking on Teams~

This is an essential thing you need to know how to do in the Survival Games. There are plenty of teams. So, the most important prat of taking on teams are secondary weapons. What I do, is I target one person, and that is who I will try to kill. It works so when you kill that person, you run for a bit, regenerate, and then take on the next player. So What I recommend doing is setting them on fire. If you have plenty of arrows, you shoot them with arrows. They will not be hard to miss because their movement is limited because of the fire. People may consider this noobish, but it works.

Another thing you need to do, is you need to know the map. You can probably run for longer, and you will know certain traps and tactics to kill them. For example, SG4 has the gravel trap. If you have flint and steel, you simple set the gravel on fire behind you, and they get stuck and die. Another thing on that map is the ravine. Get near the ravine and knock them down and they die. Or on Survival Kingdom, they is a path underground, and when you get to the end you press a lever, and all the dirt behind, not beneath, goes away into lava. Things like this will help you take on teams.

~Organizing the Inventory~

This is a very important aspect of PVP. IF you know what keys to press to get to where, you can do it quickly while pvping. It is simple to do. All you do is find what keys are best for you for what, and always put that item there. The most common one to my belief is Sword 1st slot, Bow 2nd Slot, Flint and Steel, 3rd Slot, Golden Apple 4th slot. Now for me I put Bow 1st slot, Golden Apple 2nd Slot, Sword 3rd slot, and Flint and Steel 4th Slot. It is all up to you. There are no right and wrong answer. Something this simple can change the game!

Well there are my tips and strategies for you! I hope this helps you become a great PVPer! Please, leaving a like and putting your feedback is greatly appreciated! I hope you enjoyed!
- lucas_rag

SC_Swag

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This thread could definitely help some people who are brand new but some points aren't all correct.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not trying to be rude... But I find it a bit ironic that you're writing a guide on how to win, while you've only won 8% of your games.
You can't really accurately judge a persons skill by there W/L Ratio, because some players were noobs for an extended amount of time and can't afford another account.

SC_Swag

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You can't really accurately judge a persons skill by there W/L Ratio, because some players were noobs for an extended amount of time and can't afford another account.
True you can't completely judge a player by his stats

jackaboy

Tribute
Reaction score
You've played for over 3 days in game time and only got 61 wins :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci