• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hey Guys, Critique My Basic Computer Build Please!

ryry636

Experienced
Reaction score
Alrighty, so basically do what the title says! I have made a basic computer build with these thoughts in mind:

- I have very little money
- I make very little money
- I need a computer
- I want to be able to play minecraft on it
- I don't play games that require discs (No optical drive)

It kind of seems like a basic build and I put it together in like 15 minutes lol. So here it is: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ryry636/saved/4y5T

I just want to hear your thoughts about the parts I picked, suggestions, and really anything! Also any parts that you can suggest to make it cheaper makes it better as long as it runs good. ahahahahahah

Thanks,
ryry636 | Ryan

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
You don't need a case fan and a cpu cooler for that basic of a build, imo. Also, I would probably go with Windows 8, unless you're a really big hater of it.

Tyco

Career
Reaction score
First off, cases come with fans, so you don't need that. You can put that money towards some other parts. you also won't want a CPU cooler as your CPU comes with a stock one. Now, this is probably the best piece of information you will ever get. Never cheap out on your PSU. It is the basis of your entire build and can ruin all of your parts just like that. go for something like a Corsair CX 430W (not sure if that's the exact model...). I don't feel like typing more stuff so I'll just make you another list for around the same price and post it when I'm done :D

ryry636

Experienced
Reaction score
You don't need a case fan and a cpu cooler for that basic of a build, imo. Also, I would probably go with Windows 8, unless you're a really big hater of it.
Thanks for the suggestion! Not a hater of Windows 8, but personally prefer 7. I will definitely save the money and put it towards other parts!

First off, cases come with fans, so you don't need that. You can put that money towards some other parts. you also won't want a CPU cooler as your CPU comes with a stock one. Now, this is probably the best piece of information you will ever get. Never cheap out on your PSU. It is the basis of your entire build and can ruin all of your parts just like that. go for something like a Corsair CX 430W (not sure if that's the exact model...). I don't feel like typing more stuff so I'll just make you another list for around the same price and post it when I'm done :D
Awesome suggestions, definitely, will take these into consideration.

Expect low fps
Exactly how low and any suggestions on how to raise (part wise)?

This text makes me feel like I am reading off of a Jitterbug.
Exactly the point ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I will build a better parts list for you. :D

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion! Not a hater of Windows 8, but personally prefer 7. I will definitely save the money and put it towards other parts!

Make sure u get the best graphics card u can get that's how u get the fps and of course a good processor

Exactly how low and any suggestions on how to raise (part wise)?

Exactly the point ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci