• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Help with internet

Operdasher

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi, My internet averages around 2-3 bars and crashes every once in a while. I have a wifi router 60 feet away in a different room. I have 2 brick walls and 2 regular walls in between me and the router. I asked my mom if I could get an ethernet cable and some cord guarders to get better internet. She says that would be tacky and she wouldn't let me do that. I asked if I could move the router into my room, and she said we would need to call our internet provider, pay him quite a bit of money, and have him move it into my room. I then said I would pay the cost (That is how bad I want it) and she said no... I'm not sure why, but she said no. Anyways, I've had ban internet connection for about 3 months now and I don't know what to do. If someone could give me a solution to this problem I would love you forever. Thank you.

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
Do you have the stock router that comes with your service provider? You could always get a better one that extends the signal. That's what I had to do for our house and it worked well. Another option is an extender but those things aren't as good of an option.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Mine does this too, but I live on what is practically an island which is why I lag even more than I should. ;-;

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I had the same problem, I got a better wireless adapter.

My problem was never as bad as yours, but still.. c:

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Two brick walls aren't enough to stop a wireless signal from the next room.

There were two lessons learned here today:

A). Don't buy wireless over DSL.
B). Regardless of which type you buy, your mother shouldn't buy cheap internet (or be allowed anywhere near that decision if they're computer illiterate)

My last speed test at home showed our DSL's download speed as 1.08 mbps and our upload speed as 0.8. In my university's dorm, even though I don't have a laptop there, I speed tested the DSL through a public student use lab computer and the speed was ten times that of our home internet. ;-;

Operdasher

Platinum
Reaction score
Two brick walls aren't enough to stop a wireless signal from the next room.

There were two lessons learned here today:

A). Don't buy wireless over DSL.
B). Regardless of which type you buy, your mother shouldn't buy cheap internet (or be allowed anywhere near that decision if they're computer illiterate)

My last speed test at home showed our DSL's download speed as 1.08 mbps and our upload speed as 0.8. In my university's dorm, even though I don't have a laptop there, I speed tested the DSL through a public student use lab computer and the speed was ten times that of our home internet. ;-;
It is like 3 rooms over, I just said it was in a different room. And yeah, my parents aren't computer literate at all. my dad has never opened an internet browser, my brother plays xbox live CoD only and not frequently, and my mom only uses internet for her email so she sees it as fine, even though I am being lagged out of games and ghost killed in about 7/10 games, which is a reason for why I cant keep a good ratio recently.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Yup, you're a victim of parents who bought the cheapest Internet possible. Enjoy. <3

H0lyReaper

Experienced
Reaction score
Buy Home internet, not OFFICE internet. They are 2 different things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci