• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

happy memorial day

Reaction score
My cousin's boyfriend (Taylor) was in Afghanistan a little more than a year ago. He was doing a job where he was checking for bombs. He didn't see one and it blew up on him. He lost both his legs above the knee, one arm above the elbow, and one arm at the wrist. He told him group to not help him until the had searched for any other bombs, which took about 20 minutes.

He is fine now, and I saw him on Mother's Day. He just recently started walking 24/7 on his prosthetic legs and his prosthetic hand is really amazing. He can move his fingers and everything on it. Apparently the wires for the fingers are connected to his nerves or something fancy like that. He was eating soup and he didn't spill a drop.

It's been quite amazing seeing how he recovered. I honestly thought he was going to die, but I'm glad I was wrong, of course. He's a happy guy (and quite good lucking if I say so myself ;)) and I hope for the best of him for what he'll do for the rest of his life.

Here's a link to a video of him and Danielle (his ladyfriend). It's rather old, but it shows the beginning of his recovery.

Happy Memorial Day! :D

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
My cousin's boyfriend (Taylor) was in Afghanistan a little more than a year ago. He was doing a job where he was checking for bombs. He didn't see one and it blew up on him. He lost both his legs above the knee, one arm above the elbow, and one arm at the wrist. He told him group to not help him until the had searched for any other bombs, which took about 20 minutes.

He is fine now, and I saw him on Mother's Day. He just recently started walking 24/7 on his prosthetic legs and his prosthetic hand is really amazing. He can move his fingers and everything on it. Apparently the wires for the fingers are connected to his nerves or something fancy like that. He was eating soup and he didn't spill a drop.

It's been quite amazing seeing how he recovered. I honestly thought he was going to die, but I'm glad I was wrong, of course. He's a happy guy (and quite good lucking if I say so myself ;)) and I hope for the best of him for what he'll do for the rest of his life.

Here's a link to a video of him and Danielle (his ladyfriend). It's rather old, but it shows the beginning of his recovery.

...I cried.... I don't normally cry. But I have so much respect for him. I could never imagine fighting in a war, never mind having your limbs blown off.... Just.... Wow.

zipp303

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

that is an amazing story :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci