• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hacker awareness week

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
So, as many of you know there has been complaints and threads made about the amount of hackers who play on the servers nowadays. So I came up with an idea while I was taking a shower (yes I actually clean myself sometimes). This idea is self explanatory, basically for an entire week starting today (Thursday) people try recording and reporting as many hackers as possible. Next Thursday come back to this thread and post the number of hackers you reported. Here are some general rules and goals.

General Rules&Information:

-Don't lie, we aren't competing against each other, we are working together as a community and I want to see a somewhat legitimate number on how many hackers we can report in a week. This is also why there will be no prizes (except for the satisfaction of a job well done).

-For staff members, please only count hackers you recorded and reported personally, you don't want to post a hacker in the report abuse page that someone had already reported and counted.

Specific goals for different locations:

AU&CA - Not sure how many will come from these places, but we'll see!

US - I hope to see at least 100 hackers reported from US.

EU - I hope to see at least 200 hackers reported from EU.

That's basically it, this is all volenteer aswell, don't feel forced to do it just because others did. Happy Reportings xD

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
This is a great initiative, but I don't see what this brings, it may bring a lot of bans, but there are still a lot more hackers too. I think it should just be 'hacker awareness week' every week, like MoLoToV said.

I have just got another recording software and I'll be able to record a lot more now. It'll be great to see the number of hacked client users on this server decrease, but that may not be reached without a great amount of help, not just the staff team and the occasional report for every person.

ImaDinosawRAWR

Platinum
Reaction score
I've been recording all the games I play recently, just so I can record the hackers and if the game goes well it'll go on my YouTube. Managed to successfully get 2 people banned so far (it's not a lot but hey, two more hackers off the games).
Recording softwares are easy to come by on the internet and it doesn't take long to spec the hacker, hit record and watch them annihilate a 3 team with their neck snapped up in the air. Done and dusted :)

Attorah

Platinum
Reaction score
I always have Dxtory in the background, and if I see a hacker I can just hot key the record button. I really do encourage reporting, it's so satisfying knowing that you have helped remove one more rule breaker from the network. :)

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
We need a hacker awareness week every week :eek:
Great initiative though!
The reason I don't say every week is because I feel like most people would lose motivation after a while. I would continue to report though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci