• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Guide to the Forum

Aracnophobia

Career
Reaction score

I will now explain why I made this thread, what's my reasoning behind making this? And who am I trying to help out? This thread is specifically made for people who are new to the forum and those who don't understand what the different forum-sections are used for. If you feel approached by the description I just made, then keep on reading. In this thread I tried to briefly describe what the different forum-sections are and help you decide in what section you should post your thread.

- Aracnophobia. Let the wall of text commence!

News and (Minor) Announcements:

You cannot make threads in this section, so I won't go to in-depth on this one. Nonetheless, these sections are mainly used by the Sr. Staff to inform us about updates or just generally informing us about things going on around the network. Reading some posts in these sections will help you understand what is going on and I strongly advise you to do so, as you will get to know the current situation a lot better.

Community Corner:

In this section you can post threads. This section is generally used by players to post some information and preferences about themselves. Stories (Only those affiliated with the MCGamer Network and its players) can also be posted here. Last but not least, the staff also posts in here, the pinned threads at the top of this page contain more information about most of staff members in our community. This section contains a lot of information and therefore I greatly advise you to check it out, especially if you want to get to know the community a bit more.

Map Downloads and Discussions:

As the name suggests, this is the section in which you should post all map-related content you have to offer. There's the Map Ideas, this is where you can post ideas you have for maps, a lot of build teams check this section to get some inspiration for their next map. Your idea might just turn into a real MCSG Map one day! If you're making a map yourself, then you can post it in the Maps in Progress. Here, you can constantly update your thread with the newest information about your build while other people check it out and give you advise about how you can make your map even better. There's also the Finished Maps section, this one speaks for itself in my opinion, this is where you should post your maps when they're ready to be added. People will get the chance to view them and they might even be added onto the servers.

Build Teams & Clans and Teams:

2 Very different sections, though they generally confuse people. In the Build Teams section, you can post your build team. People will check this out and might want to join in on the building and apply for you build team. If a PvP Clan is the thing you're going to make, then do not post it in here. The right section for in-game clans and teams is the Clans and Teams section, almost all the MCSG clans around have a thread in here and you can make one as well.

General Support:

In this section you can ask any question you want concerning the MCGamer Network. Wheter it's Forum, TS or Server related, the MCGamer staff is at your disposal 24/7 to help you out. If you are having any issues of any kind, you can make a thread here, with the exception of disputes and reports. These are to be posted in another section of the forum. But... remember and never forget the name General Support if you have are experiencing any problem or any issue. In this section you can also find the Community Guides (You're in here now), you're advised to read these guides prior to posting your question because there's a big chance you will be answered in one of them.

Ban Disputes:

This section is to be used when you are banned. Do not post in this section when you don't have any bans on your account, it's pointless. You have to fill in a template and the Sr. Staff will review it. The link to the template is right here. [LINK] I'm not going to completely explain how you have to make a ban dispute because it has been done several times before. You can check this link if you want to see a full guide on how to dispute your bans. [LINK] Once again, only post in here if you are banned.

Report Abuse:

This is the place where you should report hackers and general rulebreakers. We greatly recommend you to do this, as it will get more rulebreaker of the server and more honest and good people on them. Just like with the disputes, there's a template for reporting rulebreakers, it's linked right here. [LINK] The moderators are once again at your disposal 24/7 to respond to all the report you make. If you're hesitant to make a report because you don't exactly now how to, read this guide. [LINK] In the name of the MCGamer Staff, I once again thank you with all my heart for reporting rulebreakers on the servers. The servers would be unbearable without all of you <3

Rules:

Read them. Understand them. Execute them.
That's all.

I thank you for reading this thread and I hope I helped you all out. Have a nice day and take care everyone! :)

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
It's saddening that we need guides on common sense now. Where's Thomas Paine when you need him? :/

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
:) Good thread, I didn't read it all because I have limited time ( :c) but I skimmed through it and it was very well put together, from what I saw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci