• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Guide] How to have multiple MC launchers

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
How to have multiple MC launchers:
What: In this tutorial I will be showing you how to be able to have to Minecraft Launchers with different .minecraft files (WINDOWS ONLY)

Why: I make a YouTube series with mods such as Mo' Creatures and stuff, however one of those mods is rei's Mini map. I forgot to take that off when I was playing mcsg, I was reporting a rule breaker and I had Rei's mini map on and I got BANNED for a week. So I found a way to have 2 minecraft.jars and be able to launch them differently. Now I have a Vanilla minecraft for mcsg and my modded one for YouTube.

How: The first thing you want to do is download the 2 things from the bottom of the post. The second thing to do is too make a new folder on your desktop, you can name it whatever you want. Now drag the Minecraft.exe you downloaded into the file. Now download the second thing if you haven't already, drag it into the same file you put the minecraft.exe into. Now double click the portacraft launcher thing. Name the file whatever you want with the name and you can leave the description blank if you want, click done or save or create, one of those things. Now you can click play on the bottom of the portacraft launcher and walla! You have successfully made 2 Minecrafts, to add things into this one such as optifine, click data in the file where you put everything. This will not interfere with your original Minecraft, the one on your desktop.

Links:
Minecraft.exe:
http://www.minecraft.net/download
PortaCraft: http://bit.ly/YXXGJA

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This could be handy to people that use mods for other things than MCSG.

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
This could be handy to people that use mods for other things than MCSG.
Such as myself, I forgot to take mini map off for my YouTube series and got banned for a week, I am still banned at this moment. :(

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
Such as myself, I forgot to take mini map off for my YouTube series and got banned for a week, I am still banned at this moment. :(
I'm really sorry, I didn't want to do it, I shouldn't really be admitting this, but I very nearly sent you a PM telling you to remove the ban dispute before anyone else noticed, but mods have been perma banned for stuff like that. Again I'm really really sorry. :(

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm really sorry, I didn't want to do it, I shouldn't really be admitting this, but I very nearly sent you a PM telling you to remove the ban dispute before anyone else noticed, but mods have been perma banned for stuff like that. Again I'm really really sorry. :(
It's fine I understand, but do you think if I made a ban dispute they would maybe think about unbanning me? I make a YouTube series with different MC mods like Mo' creatures and stuff, do you think they would understnad if I showed them my series and stuff. It was an honest mistake.

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
It's fine I understand, but do you think if I made a ban dispute they would maybe think about unbanning me? I make a YouTube series with different MC mods like Mo' creatures and stuff, do you think they would understnad if I showed them my series and stuff. It was an honest mistake.
There's no harm in trying, if you also show this thread, it shows that you're trying to give something back to the community in light of your ban, and that can only strengthen your dispute, and yes, show your YouTube series to show it was a genuine mistake.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
Yeah, make the dispute. I think they would understand

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
The first ban dispute was declined, I had no evidence on how it was a mistake. I made a new one that looks Nicer and I have proof of how it was an honest mistake. But my moderator application was recently declined because of this incident :( . I really hope they understand.

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
Never mind, they still declined it, I gave them a video of my series and all, I just forgot to take it off mini map from my modded survival series , so I guess I won't be able to become a moderator :( . See you guys in a week after my ban is up :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci