• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Good ways to win a DeathMatch.

d4rkyy

Experienced
Reaction score
Hello MCSG community, it's me the superman of MCSG again. I haven't posted any strategie tips in a while, but I'm not seeing any threads related to this, due to dm (death match) normally being based off of the better armor. This is actually not true, as many of you must know, and you just think "teams" or "PVP skills" are the only alternatives to win. Here are some of MY ways I've won most of my dm.

*Have some decent armor such as, a gold chestplate, iron boots, golden, chain mail helmet. (examples)

*If needed, practice block hitting. (This is done by spamming the right and left mouse keys) This creates damage directed towards him/her, and less damage taken from your opponent.

*Stay hidden. When 2 other players are fighting, being at a reachable, but far enough range so you can't be attacked out of the blue. This normally affects to wins the fight overall.

*Craft some arrows, and have a bow, just to make sure they're hurt. Make sure they don't attack or notice you though.

These are ideal ways to win for the "under-dog" in the fight. I haven't done this in a long time, so give me some positive/negative feedback! Thanks~

Suggest ideas-

Another good idea if you don't have a teammate is to let the 2 guys who (presumably) have better gear fight it out, but STAY CLOSE. Once the fight is over, jump in and try to get some hits on the guy who won, who will probably be weak. If he runs, try and grab the dead guy's gear and use it.

SliceofBread123

Experienced
Reaction score
It would be better to team up with a guy with the same/slightly better/worse gear than you, and then team up on the guy with full iron and diamond sword (example). I mean, 2 guys (1 stone and 1 iron) and decent armor, with bows could easily take down a guy with a diamond sword and good armor. I've done it with 2 stone swords against a guy with a diamond sword!

Another good idea if you don't have a teammate is to let the 2 guys who (presumably) have better gear fight it out, but STAY CLOSE. Once the fight is over, jump in and try to get some hits on the guy who won, who will probably be weak. If he runs, try and grab the dead guy's gear and use it.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
These are pretty good tips except for the arrows part...it would have been a good idea months ago but now you can't go a dm without at least 10 spectators flying around purposefully trying to block arrows... I only shoot arrows now if I am running and do a 180 bow shot. The spectators seem to have a hard time blocking it :p

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It would be better to team up with a guy with the same/slightly better/worse gear than you, and then team up on the guy with full iron and diamond sword (example). I mean, 2 guys (1 stone and 1 iron) and decent armor, with bows could easily take down a guy with a diamond sword and good armor. I've done it with 2 stone swords against a guy with a diamond sword!
This happens to me all the time. I'd like to say its pretty pathetic, even if I end up killing them both.

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Great tips, I use many of those and they work for me as well as for other people.

-Jc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci