• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Good strategy for SG4.

aMartin

Tribute
Reaction score
SG4 is my new favorite map and I have won at least 15 times on it.

The way around this map is knowing the tier 2 chests. There are many. Also knowing the traps.

Step 1: Get a corn chest. Shift click everything and get going. Put on armor when you are in a area where not too much action is going on.
Step 2: Examine your spot. Know that there are 3 tier 2 chests near the airplane, one being in the hangar with the trap and crafting bench, 2 in the building.
Step 3: Don't have a weapon yet? Look on the ground for tier 1 chests, these will usually have a weapon.
Step 4: Need to craft something but corn is so crowded? There are 3 other crafting tables, 1 in the third hangar at the airplane with a trap, one in the big building with another lava trap in it, and one at the end of the train, which is the best place to go.
Step 5: Running low on food? Attack someone who looks like they might have something. I.e if they have armor or something in there hand.
Step 6: If you get an iron or diamond sword, get to corn! Take over the corn at night time and get every tier 2 chest. It's worth it.
Step 7: In deathmatch, if you are facing a guy with good things, and you are no match, try running and using the fishpole technique, you probably won't get a win, but the other tribute won't either, if time runs out.

For the traps.

Trap 1: Large gravel circle with a chest in the middle. See someone in there and have a flint and steel? Light the circle on fire and watch the tribute fall into cobwebs and finally into lava.

Trap 2: Tons of tripwire setting off a trap removing the ground into the lava. There is a chest in there you can get into with just not falling in, but it is dangerous if someone punches you in.

Trap 3: Third hangar trap. See someone getting the tier 2 chest in the hangar or crafting? Press the button for a fun time ;)

Trap 4: Trap on large building near spawn. Second floor, crafting table and chest in room, pull the lever for the iron door to close and lava spill onto your enemies. ( Note: if they run up against the door they will not die, but be forever stuck )

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
No offence, but it doesn't really matter how much times you have won on a single map. It just depends on your chest route and PvP skills. I mean I've won on multiple maps with just a wooden sword. And going to spawn or cornucopia (whatever you want to call it) doesn't give you a guaruntee chance of winning.

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
I hate fishing rod kids, why deny someone of a win when they deserve it? It's not fair at all. Everyone is a match for someone with good things, depending on your PvP skills. There's always waiting for the other two to fight and then picking up the scraps while they're distracted or eating or something. Using a fishing rod just so a person can't get a win is completely stupid and lame. *My opinions*

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
In my opinion it's cheap when ppl just sprint jump and run. And also I think corn chests shouldent refil ppl there get all tier 2 chests to them selves

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
In my opinion it's cheap when ppl just sprint jump and run. And also I think corn chests shouldent refil ppl there get all tier 2 chests to them selves
No, they should refill, you need skill to take corn over, because most people that bother going back for refill have decent armor and weapons, also 9/10 times a team will come to corn and speaking as a solo player, it's difficult to take corn over. If you don't have enough stuff to get corn, skip it and go for all the tier 2 chests you know, that way you can have a chance to kill the person(s) that went to corn.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Some maps like SG2 have so many tier 2 chests that you could end up with better stuff then the people who took over spawn/cornucopia.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Oh and maybe SG3 and SG4 - if you know where to go. ;)

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
No, they should refill, you need skill to take corn over, because most people that bother going back for refill have decent armor and weapons, also 9/10 times a team will come to corn and speaking as a solo player, it's difficult to take corn over. If you don't have enough stuff to get corn, skip it and go for all the tier 2 chests you know, that way you can have a chance to kill the person(s) that went to corn.
Nah they shouldent refil. Or they shouldn't be all tier 2 only a few should because then they most of the time they have full iron and diamond sword

Lhos

Survivor
Reaction score
Nah they shouldent refil. Or they shouldn't be all tier 2 only a few should because then they most of the time they have full iron and diamond sword
Kill them while they're stuffing their faces into the corn chests. I downed a 3-man who decided to taunt me before doing that. Very satisfying. :D

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
well personally who didnt know this is this just me?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci