• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Good PC build?

ForScience

Experienced
Reaction score
So I've been looking into getting a nice PC lately, I've been using a mac for the last 4 years and I feel like it's time for a change. Any good PC builds that run Minecraft 100+ fps with 6+ render? I'm looking for a PC that's optimal for minecraft and recording, but not insanely expensive. My budget's 200$-1200$

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
Again, like in the last one of these threads, I'd go straight to Youtube. With your price range I'd stick to spending under $1000, spending over that is too much. You can get a fantastic PC that can run any game you want for $700-800 like Dank said.

I'd recommend checking out this video :
It's the most recent $800 build this guy has on his channel which can run GTA V if you so wish. Now, if it runs GTA V on 1080p, then it will be a breeze when it comes to Minecraft. This guy is pretty reliable, so I would follow what he says to buy in the video.

In the case your parents don't allow you to spend $800 (because that is a lot) just simply go for one of his cheaper builds that he has, they range from $400 - $600 which will also run you Minecraft no problems at all. Hope this helps, if you have anymore questions be sure to DM me on the forums. :)

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
ok I take my advice pack.

the build I gave you is fine, but don't come to this Ultimate Fishing Rod Of Doom forum.

go to /r/buildapc

/r/cabalofthebuildsmiths

/r/pcmasterrace

those are where most of the people know their stuff about pc's.

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
Again, like in the last one of these threads, I'd go straight to Youtube. With your price range I'd stick to spending under $1000, spending over that is too much. You can get a fantastic PC that can run any game you want for $700-800 like Dank said.

I'd recommend checking out this video :
It's the most recent $800 build this guy has on his channel which can run GTA V if you so wish. Now, if it runs GTA V on 1080p, then it will be a breeze when it comes to Minecraft. This guy is pretty reliable, so I would follow what he says to buy in the video.

In the case your parents don't allow you to spend $800 (because that is a lot) just simply go for one of his cheaper builds that he has, they range from $400 - $600 which will also run you Minecraft no problems at all. Hope this helps, if you have anymore questions be sure to DM me on the forums. :)
LOL

austin's PC builds are crap.

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
I7-4790k
Nvidia gtx 970
Rm 650 PSU corsair
Gigabyte z97 motherboard spend roughly 100$
Crucial ballistix ram 8Gb

That's a solid build right up there

I also did that based off of memory #computergeek

That will run minecraft great easily could use decked out texture packs and shaders mod definitely worth considering this will last you in gaming for a long time!

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
I7-4790k
Nvidia gtx 970
Rm 650 PSU corsair
Gigabyte z97 motherboard spend roughly 100$
Crucial ballistix ram 8Gb

That's a solid build right up there

I also did that based off of memory #computergeek
Don't get a corsair psu LOL

Also, i7 and 970 is pretty unbalanced

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
Don't get a corsair psu LOL

Also, i7 and 970 is pretty unbalanced
What do you mean considering minecraft is mainly based off of your processing power then a gpu
A gtx 970 is a pretty heavy duty card also
I would I also like to know why you wouldn't get a corsair PSU

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
What do you mean considering minecraft is mainly based off of your processing power then a gpu
A gtx 970 is a pretty heavy duty card also
I would I also like to know why you wouldn't get a corsair PSU
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html (PSU)

You should never ever build your PC around 1 game, since eventually the game will get pretty boring.

Also, 3.5 gb of vram on the 970, vs a 390 by AMD for similar price better / same performance (and more vram)

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html (PSU)

You should never ever build your PC around 1 game, since eventually the game will get pretty boring.

Also, 3.5 gb of vram on the 970, vs a 390 by AMD for similar price better / same performance (and more vram)
Unless your an amd fanboy, Amd's gpu's run hot which makes it very hard to overclock and get good clock speeds amd
Amd graphics cards also use a lot more wattage

Rm 650 watt PSU is also gold certified and I use one of those myself

Trust me this pc can run games very well high graphics on bf4 and on other graphically intensive games

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci