• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Give hackers a disadvantage in mcsg

Do you think hackers should get a temp disadvantage in games?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Hackers dont get perm banned on their first offence, they get temp banned. What if in addition to to temp banning them when their ban is over they have a temp disadvantage because they had an advantage in the games. An example would be make a player stay on their piston for an extra 10 seconds when the game starts. In that time they cannot move or get hit. Then when their time is up they dont get a chance to get stuff at the corn. This may teache hackers a lesson.

If you dont like that idea please say why and if you can, give your own example.
I would like to hear other ideas.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I was thinking something more severe, like having silverfish follow them around the entire game and they'd never be able to stop or they would perish!
I think that would be funny and it would teach them a lesson. I just couldnt think of any other disadvantage.

TheKnightGamingHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Or there should be this plugin that has it so when it detects a hacker everybody gets Creative but they have to get a lava bucket, enclose the hacker in a space, and just dump the lava on him :3

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Hackers dont get perm banned on their first offence, they get temp banned. What if in addition to to temp banning them when their ban is over they have a temp disadvantage because they had an advantage in the games. An example would be make a player stay on their piston for an extra 10 seconds when the game starts. In that time they cannot move or get hit. Then when their time is up they dont get a chance to get stuff at the corn. This may teache hackers a lesson.

If you dont like that idea please say why and if you can, give your own example.
I would like to hear other ideas.
Doesn't a temp ban already teach them a lesson?

Quisey21

Experienced
Reaction score
They should do what they did for the BSM thing and autoban someone if they're using a hacked client or a client that isn't vanilla.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The main reason why hackers aren’t perm banned on their first offence is to give them a second chance on the servers. When they come back on the servers after a week and they still haven’t learned their lesson and keep using hacks, they will get perm banned. Some hackers just go on servers to ruin the game for other players until they get banned. Most of the time, you won’t see them again. But I can imagine that some people would install a hacked client because they see other players using it so why wouldn’t they themselves use it or if you get killed over and over again by a hacker, they could also consider it. If they really like the community and enjoy playing on the servers, they wouldn’t do it anymore after their first offence. It would also be unfair for players who have been banned unfairly en can’t play at their fullest anymore.

PS: I’m NOT defending any hackers, but why would you keep punishing them if they got a second chance for making a mistake? If they keep using hacks, they definitely should be perm banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci