• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

General Opinions on new Maps?

JuHDude

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey, I've decided to write this small and short thread post to gather some opinions on how players like the maps to be. I want to find a general idea of what a "Perfect" community map would be. For example, a small very complex map. Or a large simple map.

By simple and complex, I mean by the building styles, are they very complicated, use many textures and add a lot of depth or do you prefer to stick to the simple buildings, most often are the favored.

So my question to you is, what is your ideal perfect map to play on Minecraft Survival games? (Do not post current or used maps, just opinions on how a good map should be.) Thanks!

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Wish the answer was that easy bud, but it isn't the community is very conflicted over what they want. One minute they all want smaller maps but then the will start complaining the maps are too small, they will love one style of map but then for no reason they will suddenly hate it, really the safe route is to do a medium sized map maybe 300 radius. Make it very detailed and complex, alot of textures (don't over use it though) people like water area's but don't make them too large or people will complain. Make sure you terraform well with voxelsniper preferably (even if its small amounts of terraforming) With the build style keep it fresh and not to cramped, space is better for gameplay but keep the interiors interesting and detailed. And I recommend once the look of the map is set, like the layout of the buildings. Test the gameplay over and over. A nice looking map can be killed instantly if it is lacking in the gameplay department. Really you just have to be really invested in time. (The time needed hugely depends on the amount of time a day you spend building and how good the builders are, but I reccommend really overdoing it on time and rego overeverything until its perfect! (lol sorry for the essay)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
A lot of what I want depends on the player count of the map. Normally I don't like my maps to be too large, but if the map is 48 I like larger maps.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
For maps I prefer anything without huge amounts of water,randomly placed lava,an minecraft generated terrain.
I like maps that are original,have good pvp,good amount of chests,detail,good terraforming, and dmatch arenas

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large amount of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci