• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Futuristic "Jetsons"-ish Map

How does this map idea sound?

• I'm neutral.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What the heck is "The Jetsons"?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bebn123

Tribute
Reaction score
I started to make a map a few weeks ago, then I realized it has potential for a SG map theme. Basically, the map would consist of a bunch of glass-covered bridges branching out toward different floating glass domes. For example, there could be a few neighboring domes used for dormitories, and elsewhere on the map, there might be a library of sorts.

I picture the whole map being suspended in the air, so the void's in clear view, but since everything's covered with glass, there's no danger of void-related death. For that matter, there won't need to be a giant glass sphere for the arena itself, since there'll be set boundaries anyway.

I'll admit that I'm not the greatest at visual explanations, so I'll post some images when I make a small-scale prototype. In the meantime, I appreciate any and all feedback.

bebn123

Tribute
Reaction score
I could help i am really skilled with designs and building outlines.
Thanks, but right now I'm just working on a small model. Plus, I have problems whenever I try to host a server, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be able to get. I may not even be the one who makes the official map, should it be approved. I appreciate the offer though.

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
The only reason I voted no is because it would just end up like a futuristic city, aka Teweran 3: Futuristic city. Plus no one can beat Teweran, so I don't think this theme is a good idea.

bebn123

Tribute
Reaction score
The only reason I voted no is because it would just end up like a futuristic city, aka Teweran 3: Futuristic city. Plus no one can beat Teweran, so I don't think this theme is a good idea.
I respect your opinion, but it wouldn't be like Teweran 3 at all (except for the "future" aspect). Teweran 3 is essentially an enormous futuristic building surrounding an otherwise normal terrain. My theme involves a series of glass tubes connecting several different sections of a network of everyday living. In other words, it'd be more like MoonBase9 than any other map; even then, comparing the two maps would be pushing it.

On an unrelated note, Team Vareide is far more skilled at building SG maps than Teweran. Just sayin'.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large amount of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci