• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Future Of Minecraft?

Is Microsoft buying Mojang for good or worse?

• Good

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Worse

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Snipez

Gold
Reaction score
Yo guys,
The title is self explanatory what do you think Minecraft will come to now that Microsoft owns them :)

To be honest I have no ideas.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I think Minecraft will be popular for maybe another year or 2 and then people will slowly loose interest and it will become a bit like COD, it will slowly die. The only thing I can see that would stop this from happening is the fact that Minecraft is so adaptable, there is something new invented everyday, a new game mode, a new server etc... I guess we will never really know and will just have to enjoy it while it lasts.

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
We haven't really seen much of Microsoft's involvement in Minecraft, so it's hard to judge what is next for the game.

They would want to make a return on their investment of course, but from the way they see it is that they'll make plenty of money as the game is now, so nothing really needs to be changed.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
think of how minecraft was used in youtube a few years ago, with survival series and mod showcases, nowadays its all minigames or youtuber-only servers. eventually minecraft will morph into some other type of popular gameplay that everyone will be doing

FriscoBridgeMC

Experienced
Reaction score
I feel like Microsoft will try to get as much money out of us as possible. I also think you can kiss goodbye to any updates you had hoped.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Like many others have said; eventually Minecraft will lose its 'ever-burning' fire and die out, like COD.

If Microsoft ruins anything in the near future though- like I said in a post similar to this, I am quitting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci