• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Friend appreciation Thread

Kennyrulez

Diamond
Reaction score
Let's take time to appreciate the friend ranks as they were once great mods! Oh wait....

Leech

Career
Reaction score
There was around 3 that had it for not being a mod.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
For some reason, there seems to be a notion in this community that people need to be given something in order to be appreciated.

I know many people - current Staff, ex-Staff (either through resignation or demotion), players who have never been Staff and, believe it or not, people who have been permanently banned from this community - who continue to support MCGamer on a daily basis. And I wouldn't downplay any single player's contributions just because they don't have a certain coloured name.

As an ex-Staff member who specifically requested not to have Friend rank (there are many others as well), I can tell you confidently that receiving a "thank you" in-game feels much more genuine because I know that person remembers my name because of something I did for them.

So why people feel like ex-Staff need their own rank to be appreciated is beyond me. If they did their job well, the response that they'll receive from this community will far exceed anything that a rank could ever give.

Last edited:

xstephaniemmx

Experienced
Reaction score
Honestly, associating this rank with ex-staff was the most annoying thing to hear in game. There are people who were actually just friends with staff... me being one of them. Don't automatically be like "oh, you're ex staff!!" because there were actually friends out there. thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci