• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

FPS Locked at 30?

Poems

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello! ISSUE IS NOW FIXED

My name is Poems and I am fairly new to the MCSG community. However recently I changed some settings in my Nvidia control panel and the next day my FPS is locked at 30. Now this issue has happened to me before but I do not remember how I fixed it. All my drivers are up to date and I usually get over 200fps. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! Anything is appreciated. I am really fed up with this problem (note that this problem is driver related).

My specs:
Intel Core i7-4700hq @ 2.40GHz
16gb of RAM
64 bit operating system
Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M

Last edited:

xMiKiTz

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Poems and I am fairly new to the MCSG community. However recently I changed some settings in my Nvidia control panel and the next day my FPS is locked at 30. Now this issue has happened to me before but I do not remember how I fixed it. All my drivers are up to date and I usually get over 200fps. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! Anything is appreciated. I am really fed up with this problem (note that this problem is driver related).

My specs:
16gb of RAM
64 bit operating system
Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M
VBOs:OFF

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
In game option in video settings. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to PM me!

Have a great day!

^_^ - Jokoy

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello!

My specs:
16gb of RAM
64 bit operating system
Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M
Only thing I can think of is
Reinstalling nvidia control panel
Check video settings in minecraft because you can lock max fps.
If you're recording that can also sometimes lock fps to 30.

Poems

Spectator
Reaction score
just turn vsync off.
VSync is off.

Only thing I can think of is
Reinstalling nvidia control panel
Check video settings in minecraft because you can lock max fps.
If you're recording that can also sometimes lock fps to 30.
The issue has been fixed. I got someone to help me with online support :p. It was something wrong with my actual computer not being up to date. Thank you for the comments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci