• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forums Suggestion: Changing Forum Games to Profile Posts.

Yes/Maybe/No/Other?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Heeeellllloooo.

Well, we've all seen the forums section, "Forum Games". They take up like a quarter of all the posts on the forums!
While I have nothing against forum games themselves, they have turned into something slightly unfair - a way to reach 1,000 posts fast and easy for Active Member, and get pretty much instant posts. They were intended for people to have fun, not race to get as many posts as they can while others are posting legitimate things and typing quite a lot more in order to achieve the same goal.

Oh, heck, I'll just cut to the chase.
So, my suggestion is that there is a forum profile created called Forum Games (Or something like that) and that anyone who wants to make a forum game, can just create a Profile Post, and put the details in comments below and whatnot.
The Forum Games section can then be made invisible/private and locked, so that pre-existing posts aren't deleted, but further posts cannot be created.

Opinions? (Yeah, I gotta go, so I gotta end here ;c)

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Aha you really shouldn't of mentioned it's a quicker way to get to 1000 posts, because I never even knew that *goes to forum games section*

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Or just make a new Forum Games section, and somehow make those posts invalid towards your total posts. I just think the Forum Games profile would get spammed to death with ideas and the people running the profile won't be able to keep up with the backlog of suggestions.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
May I ask, why you care if someone has an active member tag? Does it really matter/affect you? lol

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
May I ask, why you care if someone has an active member tag? Does it really matter/affect you? lol
I believe it's just to prevent spam. A lot of the spam in that section of the forums originates from people who want to get Active Member. By not making those posts count, there wouldn't be very much spam in those sections, but rather revert to what it was intended for; playing games and enjoying themselves.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Or just make a new Forum Games section, and somehow make those posts invalid towards your total posts. I just think the Forum Games profile would get spammed to death with ideas and the people running the profile won't be able to keep up with the backlog of suggestions.
It's been suggested before, and turned down. This was my next option, which I've put some thought into over the past few days.
It's not that I care if someone has active member or not - in fact, if they do, then good for them. It's just that myself and so many others have spent so much time working towards our current-day post counts and active member, and it makes us feel cheated when someone spams the forum games to get to it really fast. And then all they have to do is get some likespams to get 500 likes. It's more of a psychological/mental/moral issue, similar to how having likespams for insane amounts of likes is often frowned upon and called out as cheap or unfair while there are people who make really helpful and thoughtful posts but don't get as much credit for their efforts.
I'm not personally upset by this as much any longer - I feel that I've already made a name for myself on the forums, and I'm quite content with that, but I'm saddened when I see a person rack up hundreds or even thousands of posts unfairly. I'm sure we know of a few people who do this.

By the way, I have nothing against anyone who likes to sit down and post on the forum games, in fact I've even done some browsing there myself, but there's a point at which it gets to be a bit much.

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
I love the idea where posts don't count more than one with new profile.

And, why is Active user such a problem? It doesn't really affect anyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci