• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Forum Magicks

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So, I see you want to learn the magicks of Xenforo (the forum software). Well, read on and you (one day) might become a magician like me. Be advised that this guide is still under construction, and will be until I am satisfied with it. More things will be covered in this guide as time passes by and I have more time to add onto this guide.

Things that will be covered in this guide:
  • Spoilers.
  • Adding URL's and Emails (hyperlinks).
  • Adding things into a "code" box.
Spoilers:
Creating a spoiler is simple and easy. All you have to do is this:
Code:
[spoiler]Text Goes Here![/spoiler]
That's the simple way to do it. It will appear as this:
Text Goes Here!
Now, there is a trick to name a spoiler:
"Click Me!" is something I typed in. You can name it whatever you'd like.
Here's how to do it:
Code:
[spoiler=Name Goes Here]Text Goes Here[/spoiler]
That's it! Remember to add a [/spoiler] after the text you'd like in the spoiler or else your entire post will be enclosed in a spoiler :p.

Adding URL's and Emails (hyperlinks):
Ever wanted a word in your text to, when clicked on, lead to another website? Simple. Here's how to do it:
Code:
[url="http://websitegoeshere.com"]random website[/url]
You can hyperlink multiple words as well. Remember to add quotation marks ("") before and after your website!
Now here's how to hyperlink an email so that, when clicked, it will let you email the person through your default email program, usually Outlook or Windows Live Mail:
Code:
[[email protected]]anonymous[/email]
How it will look like: anonymous.

Adding Things into a "code" Box:
This one is extremely simple as well. What it will appear like and how to do it:
Code:
(code)Text Here (or code LOL)(/code)
Replace the ( and ) before and after the "code's" with square brackets ([]). I wasn't able to because XenForo is annoying when it comes to BBCode, but oh well.

Thanks for reading :). I hope you learned something new from this. If you have any suggestions or anything else to add on to the guide, don't hesitate to post a reply! Thanks.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
You haxor stahp teaching people how to be a wizard when they don't go to magic schools! Nub! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci