• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum Layout Issues

Do You Agree With These Changes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is to suggest fixes for the many issues the forums currently have. These changes would seem logical considering MCGamer v2 has arrived and I believe the new site is being worked on.

The sloppy layout of the forums makes the site look bad, and at times I think it may push away newcomers. The forums could have a much cleaner look if certain sections were combined and and rearranged. The new system of status updates is generally disliked by most people and the new posts section is flooded by posts from the clans section. Some sections in the forums don't really need to be there at all, and in some cases we need new sections entirely or a rearranging or current sections into a more logical order. These suggestions are keeping in mind that the forums aren't as active as they used to be. In general, the forums could be slimmed down a lot.

Threads That Don't Belong
Suggestions for MCG in general have no place on the forums. There are only sections for suggestions for specific gametypes, such as QQ. There needs to be an overarching "Feature Suggestions" section that includes suggestions for all gametypes, including MCSG and stuff like this thread. We also need sections of the forum for the new AVN gametypes.
Forum "Dead Zones"
There are currently nine forum sections that haven't been posted on in over a month. Does something really deserve to be scrolled past and take up space on the forums front page if it gets posted on on less than a monthly basis by a community of millions? Many sections desperately need to be combined.

We should simply have one sub-forum for the discussion of each gametype entitled "Quarter Quell Discussion and Strategy". Feature suggestions would be in their own section elsewhere, but tips and strategies would remain with discussions. Obviously that might pack things a little tight for the MCSG section, but the other gametypes would be fine. This would save a ridiculous amount of room. The Archives could also be moved to their own section in another subforum, as they practically never get posts.
Everyone has the same claim about this: It's flooded with clan thread posts. If there is any way at all that we can add filters to this, the way one can filter searches, we should add it.
New Profile Posts
A few months ago, this section of the forums was changed to include all profile posts and status updates, not just status updates. Pixelatorx2 made a thread about this a little while back, and the poll stated that the majority of people want this section of the forum back to the way it was. The way things are now simply puts too much spam on the front page, including people requesting to be unbanned and pointless statements that matter to no one. Status updates are generally more important and take up less space.
Overall Layout: What It Should Be
MCGamer Network:
News and Announcements (With rules stickied inside)
Minor Announcements
Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Community:
Clans and Teams
Community Corner
Map Downloads and Discussion
Build Teams
Information & Support
General Support
Feature Suggestions
MCG Applications
Bug Reports
Ban Disputes
Report Abuse
Teamspeak Server
Archives (Have the three types of archives in a mini-section within this)
Discussion and Strategy
Survival Games
Quarter Quell
Survival Games Classic
MCTF2
ZedChase
Battlegrounds
Survival Bingo
Deadly Descent
Rocket Rumble
Hungry Games
Color Zone
Survival
Creative
Miscellaneous:
Art Section
Anything Minecraft
Other Games
Off Topic Discussions
[There would also be status updates, staff online, and members online off to the side.]

Tell me what you think, and please vote above and comment below concerning your opinion. The more people there are that show support for this, the more likely change is to happen.
-Bito

Last edited:

KawaiiMikey

Quantum
Reaction score
Sadly XenForo is a hugely limited software due to the fact that it is privately licensed.

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes! I totally agree, these are good suggestions. Some parts of the website are sloppy and poorly implemented, and I really hope to see better features and design with the upcoming website update.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Sadly XenForo is a hugely limited software due to the fact that it is privately licensed.
This is indeed true, but everything I have suggested has already been done before, with the exception of a filter in the "New Posts" tab. MCG could really clean up the forums if they wanted to.

Last edited:

Eric Lai

Survivor
Reaction score
Although the current forum system is working, the is definitely room for suggestions and improvements. Great ideas! Some of these ideas would very easily help the forums look much neater.

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
These are good suggestions but I think we are getting a new website soon. I dislike how the new posts section is filled with clan threads and I often think that a new text editor would be great.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I like these ideas, but I don't necessarily like your proposed format. Reserved for my idea

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
We are getting a new layout for our forums so this could be possible.

This is an amazing idea, BitoBain, and it could definitely help clear out some of our clutter. It may not exactly have this layout that you mentioned, but we could definitely use this for reference and it will help us redesign our forums if we do end up doing this.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
I like these ideas, but I don't necessarily like your proposed format. Reserved for my idea
We are getting a new layout for our forums so this could be possible.

This is an amazing idea, and it could definitely help clear out some of our clutter. It may not exactly have this layout that you mentioned, but we could definitely use this for reference and it will help us redesign our forums if we do end up doing this.
I would be very interested to hear you opinions on what a better format would be. I didn't know which sub-forums to put the rules, FAQ, and feature suggestions in. Simply copy and paste what I have up there, edit it how you like, and post it.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci