• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Force tributes together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eu4ic

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey im sure im not the only one who hates waiting for the last 3 or 4 tributes to find each other, especially when there is a team involved.....

I thought that after say 20ish minutes the edge of the srena lights on fire, and starts to move toward the center ending at the cornicopia.

in the book this is one of the strategies the gamemakers use to drive the tributes together and speed up games.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
yeah, it was used in the books and it worked well. i'm not sure what type of mod or plug-in would allow controllable fire like that, you'd probably need a Game Maker to manually come in and set fire to everything. The only issue with this type of strategy is the lag it may cause to some players with poor connection or computers. my connection is bad enough as it is (i'm down in Australia so its not just a provider issue)...
I do agree that something needs to be employed to at least allow the last contestants to find each other quicker. there are many threads prior to this one with suggestions, maybe have a read of those to get some other ideas? (i know its hard to consolidate everyones ideas into a single thread but at least by repeating everything we weed out the good ideas from the bad ones)

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
you know how LAGGY this would be. your point, however good it might be, its now rendered useless because of the amount of fire that would take...thats 3142 blocks on fire at the edge of the map at the beginning of the fire-enclosure

InvincibleForce

Survivor
Reaction score
Possibly spawn them with a compass and make it so they can't move further out. I personally think this should not be implemented (This whole entire "Pushing" system)

Eu4ic

Spectator
Reaction score
thats true, the lag would be pretty rediculous, what about a shrinking force field? same idea but instead of fire have an invisible force field that moves forward a few blocks at a time and bumps you back a couple blocks if you run into it.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
again, very complicated to do. the way it is now does that just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci