• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

For the most part, Goodbye

Pls read this. It means a lot to me

• Okay c;

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I'll definitely read it

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • THIS IS GOING TO BE MY COMPUTER'S WALLPAPER

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hey peoples. I feel as if the time has come for me to say goodbye. Not that many people really knew who I was, although I'm sure my name appeared here and there, so I'm not sure of my true impact on the community, but that has nothing to do with why I'm leaving. In fact, I feel as if I was just gaining popularity due to my forum usage and the overall fact that some people knew me as a decent PvP'er. But, again, I'm not here to talk about my popularity, I'm here to talk about why I'm leaving..

First off, this is not a complete story, that would take too long. Some things may be historically off, or not told in detail. This is a goodbye thread, explaining why I'm quitting, not a story (although it is more like a quazi-story if you ask me)

MCSG has been the main focus of my gaming life since August 2012 when I bought Minecraft and immediately found this. I started out as a complete noob, I'd never really played that many first person games before this, and practically learned how to play Minecraft through MCSG. Honestly, this is like the first game I was ever truly decent at. During the v1 days, MCSG was an adventure. I'd play with my IRL friends who were 3,000 times better than me, but I'd still have tons of fun because I was still learning things, and I love stats xD. Then, suddenly, V2 came out, and all hell broke loose.

Personally, I'm not one who likes change, but I adapted to the nuances of v2 because they were a little... cleaner.. I didn't like the new points system, but I dealt with it. Another thing that really bugged me and most people was the lack of /records command. That went on for a while, and I really didn't like that. I liked knowing the stats of the players I was up against. Luckily that was fixed though ;). Through the V2 time, however, I saw many things change. A lot of people left for the Hive in the beginning of 2013. That was a big blow to MCSG as a whole. I used to be the biggest hive hater... Man, it's not even funny, but I got over that quickly. More things besides the quitting of a lot of people was the new maps. I felt as if MCSG stopped caring as much for the maps they were accepting and just felt a need to swamp the servers with new maps, which (most of them) were quickly underplayed and removed. On top of this was the (what I like to call) "The Great BSM Bannings of 2013". It happened so quickly. Multiple skilled MCSG'ers were banned for 'BSM' because of the storm of new staff members. Not going to name any names, but there were a few mods who almost seemed to just get players banned because they felt threatened by them. Anyway, that ended luckily. For me, I started enjoying the game less because the sense of community I once known had slowly slipped away. Everything seemed more distant ingame. People would spam the hell out of stuff, and the number of hackers went up. With that came more "noobs" and unexperienced players, along with immature trolls who selfishly play to piss people off...

Over the summer, I took a month-long break to play other servers, and explore Minecraft. Eventually, I got bored and came back to find that stuff had somewhat mellowed out. August 2013 was the best month of v2 imo. I met tons of new people and actually made some friends over the internet like plimpy41, BunnzOfCookie, AviVulza, brirocks123, ninjabreadman414, Eric Lai (blazer1721), Chiller4 and some others. We eventually formed a clan, which disbanded a couple months later, but that was a lot of fun, and I felt as if MCSG had returned to its more "fun" state somewhat. By this time, however, there were the massive 15 man teams of joeygraceffa, zietra, shannrrbananrr, Tomahawk, and others as well. This ruined some of the fun for me, but I powered through.

Out next came 1.7 which ruined PvP for me for about a month until I adjusted to the new style, and by December I had met new friends from another clan I joined (Kronic/Swift) like NativeTalent, Frigid , and peoples. By then though, MCSG had been 80% full of people who had no care or respect for others. All anyone cared about was winning, and tryharding, and copying Huahwi with his crazy fns maneuvers, and stuff. The game, again, was slowly teetering dangerously off the edge.

Along came 2014 now. I had now become recognized, I had befriended a couple of pretty famous (and chill) people. I was at a social high standpoint, but ingame I was not enjoying myself. I only really played becuase it was fun to talk to people from places like roxbot, and people such as Zypes, EnrixEB, and others, I enjoyed talking to the Rebels and other clans and stuff like that.... I also met a nub named Jess after trying to do what cscoop was doing and make a goml video on him. Then we made a clan. It failed. :3

However enough had become enough. There were too many tryhards, and it seemed as if no one really cared about the community anymore. I applied for mod in mid-December, and was put off for three months. When my interview eventually came, it felt as if they didn't even want me there. There was no attempt to contact, no one was friendly, so I revoked my app a few weeks ago, and stopped playing pretty much altogether. When I played solo, I was tryharded off corn, chased for 5 minutes at a ime by different people, called a noob, called a hacker, I was done. When I played with my friends, we would die to larger teams than us, hackers, and I, mostly, being the offensive player I am, would die in our FFA's.

Then came some enemies I made. I got a certain player banned for using like 10 different alts to evade his original ban, and I now have like 2 clans (and most of their members) that hate me with a passion. I also basically stepped out of the clan scene after being demoted from Verzon officer because I had to take a week break from MCSG due to homework, and the fact that I just didn't want to play. I was then kicked from Verzon, and kinda just idled and did nothing for most of February. Verzon then rebanded as Inviction, which I was kicked out of, again, because I was "inactive" and "didn't get along with the members who kicked me previously :/".

I decided to finally do what I had wanted to ever since my two IRL friends had done said thing. I applied for the Rebels. They were really nice (one hated me because I called him a hacker 6 months back, and I made the stupid mistake of reminding him of what I said :/) and i got along well. Also, some of my old friends from the survival server during February 2013 came back. It was a blast while it lasted. Then I slowly became inactive, and never really completed my trial, although I do go on the Rebels TS a lot still to talk to some nerbs.

And now.. It's April 2014.. MCSG has been around for two years, and has survived a lot. Personally, I don't feel as if I belong here anymore, because I just can't have fun here anymore. I will be playing on other servers (one specifically) that I don't rage on because I don't find stupid ways to die xP.

Thank you all for these two years of memories, you guys seriously don't know how much it means. I think maybe you might be able to judge some of that though from the 9000 words I put onto this thread, but still.

Don't worry, I will be keeping in touch, I just won't be ingame all that often. Thanks again, love you all <3

Here's to some IRL friends who have helped me (or called me a nub) through this amazing journey ;P

Nitro_Elite, Soccerwiz998, 1999rocks, creeperbutler creeperbutler25 (dont know which forum account), BucketzPVP, Cyorde , @Tactical_Taco1, more

bai

Last edited:

BunnzOfCookie

Career
Reaction score
Be on. I'll be able to play.... If clan stoof doesn't get in my way. Gonna miss you A LOT

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Didn't know you to well, but you were always positive on my threads and respectful, gl :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci