• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Flint & Steel Tips

TheSouthGaming

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok i just want to throw out some quick tips with the flint and steel.
My first thing that i would highly recomend is have a good inventory arrangement my inventory arrangement goes like this,
1 2 3 4-8 9
sword Rod Bow Food Flint & Steel

Now. Some people say to me why have your flint and steel on nine well, it the easiest for me and many others.

What you want to do is use your scroll wheel if you aren't using a track pad (this is not for track pad users) Then the first the you want to do is scroll to the F&S as quick as you can light it then go back to your sword.
Now remember you have to be able to touch the ground when you switch click then back to sword if you can't you will end um blocking your sword screwing you up and could lead you to death so always make sure you can touch the ground.

Others Things To Help You.

Don't make it obvious that you are going to light your F&S it makes it easier for people to dodge it you want to like at the ground RIGHT as you switch to your flint and steel (don't keep backing up looking at the ground!)

Go on a Superflat world and practice (remember to always switch quickly!

have any more questions about F&S comment below asking me!

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Cool, but I think there already are some nice guides out there.

Thanks for the halp tho!!
Nubs like me need as much as we can get.

Ali

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Great tips, keep it up.

Redwash11

Platinum
Reaction score
Great, especially the hotbar managing thing. It drives me insane to be without a proper hotbar, except mine is a lil different

ramgoat99

Survivor
Reaction score
If you hold out your flint and steel people will know that the fire is coming, so you want to be able to FnS really quickly. I keep my FnS in my second slot and my bow in my third and my Fishing Rod in the Fourth.

ramgoat99

Survivor
Reaction score
Hotbarring is the best. Although sometimes it can kill you, it is way faster than scrolling because hotbarring is more precise and faster.

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
You can't compare scrolling and hotbaring as it is preference...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci