• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Fix] 1.6 lag

fatmannumbah7

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got a new computer and it was working great in all the other versions of minecraft except 1.6. as soon as i got the update i jumped in a game of mcsg and it was so laggy, and i knew it wasn't the server because my same computer could handle it great before the 1.6 update but i found out why.
Fix
The problem is that once you update minecraft the new launcher by default sets your amount of allocated RAM to 1G. once you open up the new launcher select your default profile and click "edit Profile" and look for the "Jvm arguments" in the box beside it, it should say -Xmx1G if you have a 64 bit computer simply change the number from 1 to the amount of RAM you want allocated, for example 3G. But there is also a common problem with people that have a 32 bit computer it has a max on the amount of RAM you can allocate so you must add RAM by the Mb so 1G=1o24M etc..
*make sure you know how much RAM is on your computer. example if i have 6gb Of RAM i should only be allocating 3G of the 6G.
i hope this helps :)

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
Thank you, a simple and helpful solution, it helped me increase my fps slightly, so thank you!

gracebie

Spectator
Reaction score
First update your drivers from the manufacturer site
After this follow these steps
- Click Start | Control Panel.
- Click System and Security | Power Options.
- Expand Hide additional plans category, select High Performance.
- Close the dialog.
Optimize Background services
- Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | Run.
- Type SERVICES.MSC in the Open box.
- Press ENTER.
- Disable services that you don’t require.

let me know if this help you then i have a presentation tutorial that will helpfull for you. You are only required to follow the steps mentioned in the tutorial
http://www.slideshare.net/CarmenPomes/minecraft-15-lag-fix

Best of luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci