• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rod Tactic??

tom00117

Career
Reaction score
Hey I was just playing on one of the servers and there's this dude I was fighting and he hits me with a fishing rod and hits me with sword! And first I thought it was stupid but he nearly killed me with that lol. But I dont get it whats the point?

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It is actually a very useful tactic that can be the game changer if you Have bad gear. There are many ways you can use it to your advantage and all of them will help you win a fight.

If you quickly hit someone with your fishing rod before you go into a fight, it will stun them and will allow you to get an extra hit or two on them. It also helps when your are trying to light people on fire. Hit them a few times with the fishing rod and then put the fire down.

If you are chasing someone, try to hit them repeatedly with a fishing rod to make them bump into something that will stop there sprint.

You can also use it to block glitch up two blocks by jumping and hitting yourself with it.

These are just a few of the many things you can use the fishing rod to your advantage, hope this helped.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I would not worry about it too much. I find myself not having a problem fighting people with this strategy. Alongside this, most people do not know how to use the fishing rod effectively. Unless you are consistent with the strategy, I would not recommend it.

Reactions: Ali

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci