• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Extreme LAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronfranke

Spectator
Reaction score
Literally, the title speaks for itself for the most part. I am finding that these survival games servers are LAGGING REALLY BAD. To be more specific, the restart times for the server are usually 1-2 minutes. My server has many more plugins and such, and it only takes 22 seconds to restart. When I chat something, It does not appear in the chat until it is at least 5 seconds later. I get a very low ping to every server, usually 3000+ms, and other people get low pings aswell. When the actual games start, it is hard to open chests as they do not open for 5 seconds. When I fight players, their movement is a 2-second choppy motion and this is hard to play with. When the games first start, I can barely move, as the lag keeps rolling me back. When I get items from chests, it takes 10 tries to actually get the items, as there are a TON of inventory rollbacks. Can someone please look into this issue and resolve it? That would be helpful to almost every survival games player out there...

Roseria

Experienced
Reaction score
we also have 8 maps plus lobby to load and i bet that your server only have 1.

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
This seems like a client side/connection issue. I rarely ever get these lag problems.

aaronfranke

Spectator
Reaction score
we also have 8 maps plus lobby to load and i bet that your server only have 1.
Yes, but why load 8 separate maps? Y doesn't it either load the map that will be played on, or y don't they just use MCEdit to edit in all the maps into 1 world? BTW: I live in California with 6 Mbps internet. Only a 1 Mbps connection is recommended for minecraft...

FORERUNNER9

Experienced
Reaction score
Yes, but why load 8 separate maps? Y doesn't it either load the map that will be played on, or y don't they just use MCEdit to edit in all the maps into 1 world? BTW: I live in California with 6 Mbps internet. Only a 1 Mbps connection is recommended for minecraft...
U have to go on the servers nearset to u do u go on AU, US or EU?

jonathan6405

Career
Reaction score
becuse then when a map is choosen it will take some time for the server to load it and that would take about 10-20 sec to load the map, witch probelly would give alot of clients the "Read timed out" error.
btw i also live in Denmark and the only servers i lagg alot on is the au servers

Roseria

Experienced
Reaction score
because that would be even worse than 8 map on their own the sheer size of the map then and how minecraft is build ... yeah ouch that alot of stuff to load at once. all i can say is avoid the top 10 us servers and check the ping of them (btw how good is your pc/laptop it can be that you know) http://bit.ly/QCgGKz (link to a guide to check it)

aaronfranke

Spectator
Reaction score
because that would be even worse than 8 map on their own the sheer size of the map then and how minecraft is build ... yeah ouch that alot of stuff to load at once. all i can say is avoid the top 10 us servers and check the ping of them (btw how good is your pc/laptop it can be that you know) http://bit.ly/QCgGKz (link to a guide to check it)
To be honest, on my server I used to have almost 10 different worlds. Then I moved the world files to parts of my normal world. It made my server almost 5 times faster! How can putting them all in 1 world make it slower??? Also, At the time I was playing on US3, and since you told me to avoid the top 10 US servers, this may be why :) Also, my computer is very good, and I get good pings, but since the survival games servers use port 25565, the in-game 1.3 pings are very slow

SilverJakler

Experienced
Reaction score
Are you getting 1 connection bar on the server list? Not just on the MCSG servers but on all of them? Because that's the problem I've been getting :/

aaronfranke

Spectator
Reaction score
Are you getting 1 connection bar on the server list? Not just on the MCSG servers but on all of them? Because that's the problem I've been getting :/
If all the servers used port :25566 and we used "*.mcsg.in:25566" to connect to the servers, we would get 4-5 bars connection :D. Just try it: Setup 2 servers on your computer and make one :25565 and one :25566, tell me which one gets better connection!

Roseria

Experienced
Reaction score
If all the servers used port :25566 and we used "*.mcsg.in:25566" to connect to the servers, we would get 4-5 bars connection :D. Just try it: Setup 2 servers on your computer and make one :25565 and one :25566, tell me which one gets better connection!
yeah i'm not going to do that (since frankly i don't care)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci