• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

**EditingXBL's PVP Tips + Tricks!** (UPDATED)

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey doods. I posted a tips and tricks post ages ago and it got some good feedback but nobody really knew me back then but recently I've gained a lot of support from people on different servers and MCSG that know me :) (Which is incredible, thanks.)

SWORD TACTICS

Your sword is basically the number 1 reason on why you win fights (obviously) unless you're like Chuck Norris, but that's not the point. Anyways, there's many different tactics you can use to win most fights especially tricky ones.

Hit and run: You run towards something where you can keep running at again, once you're at a specific block and you have enough hearts you turn around and hit the guy maybe once or twice and then run back the other way or a total different way. This can give you win when you're fighting a team or a guy with better armour than you.

Strafe: Everyone does this and it's a really good tactic nowadays. Once you're near someone you should try and make them think you're going a total different way and then go to other side and hit them and then go to the other and so on. Your enemy will be too confused on what is happening and it'll literally put them on the spot where they know that you have the kill.

Crit hits: Crit hits is the best way to win fights, just saying. Crit hits can do more damage and it's such a good way to get some combos. You don't want to keep doing crit hits every hit you do because they can easily knock you back more if you're hitting up when you're doing crit hits. Maybe do 2 crit hits and do some regular hits as that would be enough depending on your sword.

Combos: If you gave good ping then you can easily get some amazing combos but if not then you can go in them if you're near them and then you can easily get 2 or 3 hits on them (I got this information from Gravey4rd's video.) 20+ ping is enough ping for some good combos, I get around 16 ping on MCSG :)

FISHING ROD TACTICS

The fishing rod tactic is the best to get better combos and it feels amazing once you master it.

Combos: You can get combos by easily hitting the guy with you fishing rod and quickly go to your slot where your sword is and keep hitting them. You can also hit them with your fishing rod and bow them to knock them more and make them take more damage.

Strafe and hit: I've been using this tactic a lot recently and it's been doing me well ever since, all you have to do is strafe on one side and hit them with your fishing rod on the other. It'll stun them and they'll have no clue on what the heck happened, this can also work with combos but players can easily avoid it.

*NEW*Unexpected drop: This is a very unique tactic I've been using and nobody really knows about it unless players spectate me. It's basically the unexpected fire trick with a twist, you run slow when they get near you (must be near a big drop on the map) and stop once they get close, they'll fall right into the drop and take so much falling damage or they can even die by it. Don't take credit for this, I'm watching you. *.*

GETTING AWAY FROM TEAMS

Nobody likes team so it's best to put some tips in for this one.

Running away: You can easily run away from teams if you know your way around the map, use every trap on the map as they're built on the map for a reason. Run to another team or just one single player with better stuff than you so they'll pay more attention to the other guy.

Eating while running: You can easily eat while running now! Find a fence post in the map and use it to your advantage. Right click the fence post with a cooked food or just any food in general and keep running, you won't have to stop and eat! Be careful as many new players will think you're hacking and don't abuse such a glitch like this one. (I'll post a tutorial video at the end) [PATCHED ;-;]

Make them split up: Go to a part of the map where someone can cut you as this can make them easily split up if they know the map well, once the other team member has gone to the other side quickly take the other guy out. He won't expect you turning on him as he'll be watching his other friend and expecting him to kill you.

I use most tactics in this video on The Hive:

I'LL ADD MORE ON TOMORROW WITH TUTORIAL VIDEOS

Last edited:

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
Nice tips :) One thing I would like to add though. For teams, if you have fns, I'd recommend lighting one on fire, and then taking a 1v1 with the other one. It works for me a lot.

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Nice tips :) One thing I would like to add though. For teams, if you have fns, I'd recommend lighting one on fire, and then taking a 1v1 with the other one. It works for me a lot.
Yes, I added that on my other one. I was gonna post more on the teams bit for some reason the posting thing went weird. (Blue line kept showing and it got annoying.) I'll add more tomorrow or later today.

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
So the glitch is patched? Good, I thought my internet was keeping me from it. I suppose the game will have a little more action now that people will have to stop and eat at the risk of dying or getting hit a few times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci