• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Due62's Skylands Survival Games Map

Do you think this a good idea?

• Total voters

due62

Tribute
Reaction score
I Know there is someone else building a skylands map. Please dont comment about it.

So I've decided that its time for me to make my own survival games map. After some thinking i decided that i wanted to make a skylands themed map. It will have a 250 block radius so games dont go on forever :p. It will 24 player. Im currently working solo i may get some more people if i feel like i need the help.

i will post updates when i feel like it.

Pictures:
The spawn

One of the buildings

To do list:
Terraforming: 95% done
Structure building: 5% done
Redstoning: 0% done
Route checking (making sure theres a way out of spawn no matter where your placed): 50% done
Chest placement: 0% done
Testing: Not done.

I will update this thread when i can.

TheMinecraftPerson

Experienced
Reaction score
you'll have to make it a lot more impressive than the other maps, especially since skylands is such a popular and well-known idea.

You should come up with a different name for it than just "skylands".

I like the idea, though.

and there are two other well-known sg maps, one finished and submitted, and idk about the other.

due62

Tribute
Reaction score
Yea ill try to think of a name, any suggestions?

TheMinecraftPerson

Experienced
Reaction score
maybe you shouldn't add structures so close to spawn, because that will be an obvious bloodbath for everyone, whether they go to the corn or not.

maybe you should also add some nature, and maybe make it seem more like the Aether, give it an almost dreamlike quality.

due62

Tribute
Reaction score
I know i still have to add trees and such... I will be making all of the trees custom made. So the map is unique.
As for the structure a lot of people are afraid of parkour (i think) when they're playing survival games, so i don't believe there will be a bloodbath. (its about a 50-60 block run to get there so its pretty far).

TheMinecraftPerson

Experienced
Reaction score
yes, but what i mean by bloodbath is that everyone will immediately run for the big structure close to spawn, and will result in lots of killing, therefore making it a bloodbath.

due62

Tribute
Reaction score
I know what a bloodbath means but what im saying is that theres some pretty hard parkour that you need to do to get to it. There will also be other structures that are big too.

TheMinecraftPerson

Experienced
Reaction score
to get to the corn? there's nothing but flat land.

to get to the random building towards the top of the screen? there's only like 2 jumps from what i can see.

And p.s., i'm not trying to seem like a jerk if that's what i sound like to you.

due62

Tribute
Reaction score
I know your not a jerk, and the cliff is covering the other 4 jumps.

Rashirim

Experienced
Reaction score
i really like the map but i would want some more land to run because it seems when you kill someone he would probably die of falling into the void not by you so you dont get his stuff and also maybe some small lands like parkour style but not too much at one end of the map i would like them so be big maybe 5-10 blocks and some of them even smaller like 2 or 3 thats my suggestion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci