• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Does playing other PC FPS Games help your skill in Minecraft?

Does playing other PC FPS Games help your skill in Minecraft?

• Total voters

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I have recently stopped playing minecraft for a week or so because I got a little addicted with Battlefield 3. Now, The first few games of sg I played when I returned, I won, because I was nailing nearly 90% of my bowshots. Now, before this, I wasn't horrible with the bow, but I have never been this good. I also have been getting some good combos sword-wise. So I ask you, Does it help to play other games? If so, What games may help the best? I think fps games like cs-go and battlefield may help the best, because of the accuracy needed.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
minecraft is a FPS? a first person shooter? i'd say its first person but in case you havent noticed not a whole lot of shooting going on
i'd say it helps you a tiny bit if the controls and fighting styles are similar

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
minecraft is a FPS? a first person shooter? i'd say its first person but in case you havent noticed not a whole lot of shooting going on
i'd say it helps you a tiny bit if the controls and fighting styles are similar
I mean, I didn't say it was, but since you like shoot bows and stuff and you have sword combat, maybe.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
At this point, nothing can help me get better at PvP. I just suck xD

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
When I played CS:GO, it actually caused me to perform worse in Minecraft PvP, due to the DPI movement being different.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
Yup they do. If you Play a lot of COD and BF4/3 or CSGO then you're aim should get better.
Not when you play with 900 dpi at 1.4 on CSGO, since for MC PVP you tend to want to have higher sensitivity while fighting so you can easily turn around.
At least that's how I feel when I transition from CS to MC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci