• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Deathmatch Arena

What do you think? Should the deathmatch arena be brought back with the following changes?

• I can't decide!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
A problem facing people these days is that deathmatches and whole games can be ruined by runners. On some maps, they can keep running for the whole 5 minutes, and cause nobody to win. A good way to fix that is by bringing back the deathmatch arena.

But KRaidium, the deathmatch arena brought a lot of lag!

And what caused the lag? Teleporting to the arena, the lava, all the blocks that were to be loaded and the falling sand.

There ARE ways to fix this. For teleporting to the arena, give players invincibility for 1 minute. This will give everybody time to teleport there and have chunks load.

The lava? Replace it with void.

Loading all the blocks? Don't have such a big and detailed arena. Something simple is what works best for everybody.

Falling sand? Just make them disappear instead of falling!

What about moderators and players that want to be able to spectate the fights better? That was hard with the old arena, and it would be difficult to record or catch hackers.

Easy! Instead of a spectating area, let the players continue to spectate as per usual, by flying around.

------------------------------------------------------

If you have any more questions, suggestions, or just want to add your opinions about this, feel free to post them in the thread. I'll answer questions in the OP.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Bump, I'd really love to see some opinions.

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
Well, it will be nice to bring old deathmacth arena back, but there is a problem with lag as you said...

But there will be a problem with lag. Not because of sand, but because of lava. Even if you replace it with void (all lags for me on another computer, idk why, but lags...)

Anyways, it will become borning, because of the same arena every time... Maybe can creators of the map make one for their own?

Or just leave it as it is now and remove or add some blocks (remove water on breeze, close escapes to the higher ground in sg4...)

Also, I think and hope, that there is someting done with this deathmaches in MCSGv2...

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Well, it will be nice to bring old deathmacth arena back, but there is a problem with lag as you said...

But there will be a problem with lag. Not because of sand, but because of lava. Even if you replace it with void (all lags for me on another computer, idk why, but lags...)

Anyways, it will become borning, because of the same arena every time... Maybe can creators of the map make one for their own?

Or just leave it as it is now and remove or add some blocks (remove water on breeze, close escapes to the higher ground in sg4...)

Also, I think and hope, that there is someting done with this deathmaches in MCSGv2...
I agree with the part about map-makers creating their own arenas, but replacing the water with sand on Breeze, for example, wouldn't solve the running problem.

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
I agree with the part about map-makers creating their own arenas, but replacing the water with sand on Breeze, for example, wouldn't solve the running problem.
Hum... You can make shorter way than other tribute and get him...

Imagine you have the bad stuff (wooden sword, leather armour) and you are fighting to a guy with diamond sword... Of course you will run and don't wait for him to kill you. So, if you will be lucky you will survive and there won't be winner.

The point of this deathmatches are here. It gives you a chance of surviving with bad stuff.

And in old deathmatch arena can die anyone, even if he was better all the game.

I still like to end the game without winner more, than with loosing because of falling sand. :/

mmohan

Career
Reaction score
You could intercept runners on some maps on others u can't and it goes on of eveR

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've lost a good amount of games when people decide to "troll" and run around the deathmatch the whole time. Not because they have bad stuff, but because they think it's funny.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
And what caused the lag? Teleporting to the arena, the lava, all the blocks that were to be loaded and the falling sand.

There ARE ways to fix this. For teleporting to the arena, give players invincibility for 1 minute. This will give everybody time to teleport there and have chunks load.

The lava? Replace it with void. Make the arena higher so when you fall you take fall damage and die.

Loading all the blocks? Don't have such a big and detailed arena. Something simple is what works best for everybody. AGREE

Falling sand? Just make them disappear instead of falling! AGREE

THE spectating part... Specs will still block arrows...

DonnieHD

Survivor
Reaction score
I think this is a good idea but it needs some more thought put into it! I love the idea of the new deathmatch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci