• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Creeper674's Story

Was this interesting to read, or was it too long and boring?

• Interesting to read

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Too long and boring

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
Hello there. For those of you who do not know me, I’m Creeper674, but my friends call me Creeper or Rob (Robert). I’ve been a moderator since the 8th of August this year, and have been in the community since last year but only joined the forums back in July. Here’s my story, as it seems to be the craze right now which I’m glad of because these are much more interesting than AMAs! Thanks to Ceroria for the inspiration to write a story, let’s see if mine compares to yours!

Here’s a bit about me. I’m a 15 year male who was born in a small town in Sussex, England and moved to a seaside city on the other side of the world, in New Zealand, in 2007. As you can tell, I enjoy PC gaming and computers/technology in general. I am an over-achiever at school who enjoys subjects such as science and computer sciences (programming). I have 9 months of experience with the language of Java and know bits and bobs of XHTML (and CSS), Python and C# languages. But that’s enough about me, the reason I’m writing all this is to write my story. Here goes.

In March 2011, I purchased a Minecraft account called Creeper674. Quite frankly my 12 year old self thought this was a cool name. My favourite mob was a Creeper and the last three letters of my phone number at the time were 674, so there you have Creeper674. As I got older, my opinion of the name got progressively worse but now I’ve given up on caring. Getting a new account isn’t really an option because I have an identity on this account and well, I’m not very rich myself so I see better ways to spend 30 odd dollars. But enough about my account. I played mostly on small private servers for the first two years, and was involved in the Tekkit craze back in 2012 when everyone played it. I was such a pro and I still know many useless crafting recipes of mods which haven’t been updated past 1.2.5, but hey, it was great fun. I also only really played with my real life friends, though I was still social with players from around the world. Once all that died down, I began to play on bigger servers around early 2013, and yes, this includes MCGamer. I can’t pinpoint a date of when I found this server, and unlike most others I didn’t simply search for “Minecraft Hunger Games” in google, I just seemed to have it in the server list. Sadly before October 2013, my brother DanTehCow shared my account so that meant we all had each other’s servers and we couldn’t actually play with each other as we shared a single family computer. This changed last Christmas when we both received laptops, but I’m not there yet. So I took the job of ruining my brothers statistics he had earned on my account by simply playing, and I told him in words I can’t repeat that he can deal with it, as I paid for my account and I had the power to change the password and lock him out. So really my statistics have never been any good because I suck at PvP and still do to this day.

But this isn’t actually the start of my MCGamer story, I was involved at two servers before that. The first was called “Myths of Minecraft”. Within a couple months I rose from player to co-owner, all from a family computer which I could play on only a few hours per day. It was a small roleplaying server based off Greek mythology. I was Hades, and this allowed me to terrorise players with godly like powers called “OP”. After I accidentally burnt down a house, I had to discontinue this process. Sadly this server died late last year after the fact the owner spent 200 dollars and got one 10 dollar donation in return. We maxed at 23 players, but honestly it was still great fun. After bouncing between many small servers into this year, in late January I applied for ‘Junior Mod’ on TBNR. TBNR was the minigames server of the nearly million subscriber YouTuber PrestonPlayz, or TBNRfrags. Oh boy did this server have it’s up and downs, but at its peak we reached 513 players which isn’t that bad, but nothing compared to this network. From February to May, through stupid amounts of hours spent dedicated to the server, I made it all the way to Administrator rank, in charge of YouTubers which promote the server and later on, assistant staff manager who managed the promotion of new members of staff, like the senior mods here. This is where I made most of my internet friends, many of which are here as moderators in the form of Mr_Penguin33 and razlev. I did get to speak to TBNRfrags himself, and have him on my skype. I await him reaching 1 million subscribers then I can say I have a popular YouTuber in my contacts which is pretty cool. For any of those in this community who are from TBNR probably know its fate. The YouTuber in question stopped recording on his own server and the player count dropped quite dramatically. The server went through a transformation into its third version (TBNR 3.0) but eventually the server shut down in early October of this year. You may have noticed that I was a moderator here before the shut down and you could say I jumped ship before it went under the water, and this community was my next move once ‘the ship had sunk’.

When applying here, my first application was denied before reaching interview for a vague reason of the senior staff didn’t think I was ready or something of the sorts, but after a couple of revisions my second application of ~2500 words went from submission to interview within two weeks. My interview was interesting, you could say. Here’s who was in my interview.

Quite the group! I was told they were all nice, which I now know, but I terrified that Chad was in there! But I answered all the questions well, and despite the excessive amounts of Bunny references which seemed to be the senior staff craze at the time I got accepted with a unanimous vote. If you are wondering what I mean by bunny references, nearly every question I was asked involved bunnies, not players in an attempt to confuse me and throughout the interview their names and ranks slowly turned into bunny related names such as SrBunny, ChadtheBunny and so on. It was quite distracting however according to LadyOfLove I was very stoic throughout as I was determined not to ruin my interview! So I got accepted, and here I am now. Oh before I forget waiting buddy shoutouts! ViolentKitten Zaex and KendraNichole (was already mod but helped me breathe in the waiting room so thank you!)

So as of now my time here has been sort of uneventful. I don’t stand out as an amazing mod and would rather browse and post on the forums than be on TeamSpeak, and this has led to many people still not really knowing me and this bugs me a bit but I know it’s my own fault and I wish I’d be a bit less reluctant to simply join channels and get to know people in this awesome staff team and of course the members of the community. Hopefully I can do this while I’m on my summer holidays, but I also would like to reach 500 likes also which I’m pretty much half way so far so it’s not too hard from here. I have many goals for the future here, which does include senior mod one day, but no rush really because I don’t plan on leaving any time soon, but then who knows what will happen. I’d also love to win a community award one day for something, whether it be best former or best mod, it’s something I’m striving for.

So there’s my story. A bit longer than I planned, but hopefully it was an interesting read. Thank you all so much for reading, and feel free to ask me any questions I’d be happy to answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci