• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Consequences of The AntVenom merge

Consequences?

• Total voters

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to start a thread centred around the actual consequences of the merge with AntVenom's network.

Will this be good? Of course, AntVenom's server is a lot
smaller, with only about 5,000 forumers. But he will bring more if he records on here. Some may say this may bring more hackers and cheaters ect. But others will say he will bring more moderators and staff to help eliminate said cheaters.

I went over to the antvenom forum and say that about 95% were not looking foward to coming here, saying everyone knows each other over there, and they didn't wanna play games with strangers every time they play. Others saidthey probably will just quit mcg and leave, so there may not be much of a change.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
More people will unfortunately almost always mean more hackers and cheaters, but it usually also means the latter- more positive community, and staff members.

I think for a lot of people coming from the AntVenom network, this probably feels like have to switch schools halfway through the year. Everyone at the new school has already established friendships, and knows how the school works, leaving you alone, and most likely pretty confused.

Our community is typically pretty welcoming, and if the new members hang out on the forums, and get to know people, they should have no problem fitting in.

I hope to see the majority of them make the switch, however I totally understand if they don't switch over right away, or at all. If all of us were asked to sudden to switch communities, we'd probably be pretty reluctant too :p

(I also edited your poll and added a "Stay the same" option :) )

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think we'll get more people from AntVenom recording here than from his old server. I doubt that we'll see a large change in the overall attitudes of people here. Probably the same split of good and bad people we have now will stay, but there will just be more people out there.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
As Duckluv said, it is almost like being changed to a new school in the middle of the year. It is undestandable many of them would not be extremely happy.

For the most part, Im sure thing will be pretty much the same, and in the long term itll get more people here because of Antvenom himself and the fact hes a big youtuber.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Also yes more players potentially means more hackers however a small community merging into ours is also a good thing as many of them due to being well known over in the antvenom community will be a positive and not a negative. Smaller communities draw in less hackers and hold onto the more honest players more easily (in most cases.) Now at first they may feel unwelcome or even worried about how the merge will affect the gameplay they know as well as the community they love but as has already been said MCGamer is a highly welcoming community, at least the majority of the forum community are.

Overall there are always going to be negatives from a merge in some way but with the community we have we will no doubt be able to overcome these issues.

Reaction score
I really hate how people start making threads about how more hackers are going to appear and this an that...but they don't wait? Basically what we're spin now is judging, if we were to merge with another server and they said those things about us...we wouldn't like it anyway what I'm saying is, we can't judge...we just have to wait :S
We have to wait and find out :D

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Well, there's obviously going to be multiple effects, and some of this post is my opinion.

There's going to be more hackers. Maybe not more hackers per game, but in total the number will rise - as with any influx, as the population rises, the amount of rule-breakers does too. If, say, 1 in 50 players hacks (just example numbers) then if there's 50,000 players play on MCSG, then there will be 1,000 hackers. If there were 500,000 players on MCSG, the number of hackers will rise tenfold (10,000), just like the total population.

And, of course, more potential staff members. I'm sure many of those who were staff on AntVenom's server will still have a desire to remain staff and follow the server, and will apply for a rank here on MCGamer. Maybe not all, but I'm quite confident that there will be a large amount. I don't actually know how many staff members they have, but I don't doubt that we'll get at least a few dozen. And with the priority interviews, most of them will be processed and hopefully re-instated quickly and efficiently. Also, they won't need as much training, as they were staff already on another network, albeit on a smaller scale.

Those new staff members will certainly help to deal with the rise of hackers, but then again there's also going to be more hackers that they have to deal with. I think it'll stay the same overall, but there will certainly be more interactions going on in terms of sheer numbers.

Also, I'm quite excited for the new forumers! I briefly went onto the AntVenom website, and looked at the top posters list. It seems to be relatively similar to ours, although with much less like-spamming, so people had, you could say, "worse" like-to-post ratios, and the top poster(s) had roughly 1,000 posts, whereas ours.. well... he has like 11,000 ._. But then again, we've been around for quite a bit longer.
I hope that the new forumers can adapt to how our flow without too many issues, but I also hold high hopes that they'll be able to influence our tendencies, and perhaps like-spamming will become less of an issue? c: One can always hope.

Geez, I was trying to aim for like a paragraph or two and then I look back at what I've created and I go like, "Wut? When did this happen?!?"

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
I think we'll get more people from AntVenom recording here than from his old server. I doubt that we'll see a large change in the overall attitudes of people here. Probably the same split of good and bad people we have now will stay, but there will just be more people out there.
Some were woried 'cause this guy made a thread saying that our community was not nice. He said that he was playing an sg game to see what it was like, he got to the last two; when he got killed the winner said "gg 2eZ" the guy that made the thread said that meant this community was bad or whatever.

I think it was Blazerboy | Noah who went on there and said that they shouldn't judge us on 1 game - but they didn't seem to listen too much.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Some were woried 'cause this guy made a thread saying that our community was not nice. He said that he was playing an sg game to see what it was like, he got to the last two; when he got killed the winner said "gg 2eZ" the guy that made the thread said that meant this community was bad or whatever.

I think it was Blazerboy | Noah who went on there and said that they shouldn't judge us on 1 game - but they didn't seem to listen too much.
To be honest, I don't blame them for thinking this. I still cringe when I see people say stuff like that, which is nearly every match. Smaller communities have a pretty great feeling, so it'll take a lot of getting used to for those players, but overall, I think they'll eventually get comfortable. I also think the days of frequent gg 2eZ-ers is starting to run its course.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score

their forum community is a lot smaller too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci