• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Complaint] Too many threads get locked! RIDICULOUS!

Should the thread lock rule "No room for discussion" be removed?

• YES!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No :l

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOnlyChanse

Diamond
Reaction score
Or it could be that the staff team is tired of the same question being asked repeatedly.
"Can we just fix the hacker problem?" or "There are tooooo many hackers! Plz get rid of them!"

I actually did some background research on your posts, and I found that the reason why your thread was locked was indeed because it was extremely repetitive. In fact, before you go out calling out the staff for assuming you are talking bad about mods, read the last sentence:

He also states that the reason the thread was locked was not because he assumes you are talking bad about moderators. If you read closely, he clearly states that:

Yes, he does bring up the general opinion that 'the staff do nothing to stop hackers'; however, he might not have been talking to you about it - looking at the other posts, there are plenty of people talking badly about the staff team.

To top it off, the reason he directly states for the lock is because the general idea of the thread is repetitive. If you can't agree on that, then I really can't help you considering on how true a fact it really is.

This was a very big problem back in July, that there was actually a thread made to try to stop people from making the repetitive threads: www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/to-all-hacker-related-complaints.116193/

Now to get to you, Evan...

To start, you were complaining back in July about modified PvP, you tried to tell other players to download hacks since apparently 'they won't be stopped', AND you've been complaining about staff members ever since you've been here. Guess what? All the opinions you had formed were proven wrong! In fact, I'll prove this thread wrong, too.

First off, this thread is in the completely wrong place. If you are going to make a complaint, at least make it in the right section. This is for SG Classic Discussions; a thread like this either belongs in the Community Corner or the normal Survival Games Discussions.

Moving on. I just took a look at the SG Discussions section. Looking through the first 3 pages of threads, I found that 21 threads were locked out of 64 total threads. That's nowhere near 90% - in fact, it's only a little less than 33%.

Taking a look at the threads that were locked,
  • 12 were locked for the question being answered/being in the wrong section. If a thread is supposed to be in the General Support section (In other words, it is asking a question to receive an answer) and the thread gets answered, of course it will get locked for being answered...
  • 5 were locked for the OP breaking the rules of the forums. You aren't allowed to dispute your bans publicly or sell anything over the MCGamer platforms, so of course the thread will get locked.
  • 2 were locked because a thread that covers the same topic already exists - we don't need duplicate and repetitive threads.
  • 1 was locked due to the request of the thread OP - duh.
  • Lastly, 1 was locked due to the resolution of the problem.
Out of 21 threads that were locked, I just covered all 21. Not one thread was locked for no good reason. 66% of threads still remain open - more than enough space to hold conversations.

I couldn't tell if you were talking about this for the SG Discussions section or the SG Classic Discussions section, so I'll do the same thing for the latter.

Taking a look through the first 3 pages of the SG Classic Discussions section, there actually are a lot more threads locked than the other section I went through. Looking through the first 3 pages, 43 threads out of 60 threads were locked. That's not yet 90%, but it is a good 70%. Let's see why these threads were locked:

• 14 were locked for the question being answered/being in the wrong section. If a thread is supposed to be in the General Support section (In other words, it is asking a question to receive an answer) and the thread gets answered, of course it will get locked for being answered...
    • 16 were locked for the OP breaking the rules of the forums. You aren't allowed to dispute your bans publicly or sell anything over the MCGamer platforms, so of course the thread will get locked.
    • 3 were locked because a thread that covers the same topic already exists - we don't need duplicate and repetitive threads.
    • 5 were locked due to the request of the thread OP - duh.
    • Lastly, 5 were locked due to the resolution of the problem.
Out of 43 threads that were locked, I just covered all 43. Not one thread was locked for no good reason.

Saying that there is absolutely nothing that can be discussed due to the locking of a lot of threads is completely wrong. These threads are locked for reasons. If they weren't locked, they'd just sit there taking up space. Saying that it leaves no space for conversation is also incorrect: in these threads, there really is no space for any more conversation anyway, that's why they got locked!

Instead of complaining about occurrences that help the community be a better place, I suggest that you come up with reasonable solutions to your "problems" and present them. After all, a complaint thread is only a complaint thread...

I'm not asking for a lock because I want to see your responses - there actually is room for discussion here.

evan99m

Spectator
Reaction score
Or it could be that the staff team is tired of the same question being asked repeatedly.
"Can we just fix the hacker problem?" or "There are tooooo many hackers! Plz get rid of them!"

I actually did some background research on your posts, and I found that the reason why your thread was locked was indeed because it was extremely repetitive. In fact, before you go out calling out the staff for assuming you are talking bad about mods, read the last sentence:

He also states that the reason the thread was locked was not because he assumes you are talking bad about moderators. If you read closely, he clearly states that:

Yes, he does bring up the general opinion that 'the staff do nothing to stop hackers'; however, he might not have been talking to you about it - looking at the other posts, there are plenty of people talking badly about the staff team.

To top it off, the reason he directly states for the lock is because the general idea of the thread is repetitive. If you can't agree on that, then I really can't help you considering on how true a fact it really is.

This was a very big problem back in July, that there was actually a thread made to try to stop people from making the repetitive threads: www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/to-all-hacker-related-complaints.116193/

Now to get to you, Evan...

To start, you were complaining back in July about modified PvP, you tried to tell other players to download hacks since apparently 'they won't be stopped', AND you've been complaining about staff members ever since you've been here. Guess what? All the opinions you had formed were proven wrong! In fact, I'll prove this thread wrong, too.

First off, this thread is in the completely wrong place. If you are going to make a complaint, at least make it in the right section. This is for SG Classic Discussions; a thread like this either belongs in the Community Corner or the normal Survival Games Discussions.

Moving on. I just took a look at the SG Discussions section. Looking through the first 3 pages of threads, I found that 21 threads were locked out of 64 total threads. That's nowhere near 90% - in fact, it's only a little less than 33%.

Taking a look at the threads that were locked,
  • 12 were locked for the question being answered/being in the wrong section. If a thread is supposed to be in the General Support section (In other words, it is asking a question to receive an answer) and the thread gets answered, of course it will get locked for being answered...
  • 5 were locked for the OP breaking the rules of the forums. You aren't allowed to dispute your bans publicly or sell anything over the MCGamer platforms, so of course the thread will get locked.
  • 2 were locked because a thread that covers the same topic already exists - we don't need duplicate and repetitive threads.
  • 1 was locked due to the request of the thread OP - duh.
  • Lastly, 1 was locked due to the resolution of the problem.
Out of 21 threads that were locked, I just covered all 21. Not one thread was locked for no good reason. 66% of threads still remain open - more than enough space to hold conversations.

I couldn't tell if you were talking about this for the SG Discussions section or the SG Classic Discussions section, so I'll do the same thing for the latter.

Taking a look through the first 3 pages of the SG Classic Discussions section, there actually are a lot more threads locked than the other section I went through. Looking through the first 3 pages, 43 threads out of 60 threads were locked. That's not yet 90%, but it is a good 70%. Let's see why these threads were locked:

• 14 were locked for the question being answered/being in the wrong section. If a thread is supposed to be in the General Support section (In other words, it is asking a question to receive an answer) and the thread gets answered, of course it will get locked for being answered...
    • 16 were locked for the OP breaking the rules of the forums. You aren't allowed to dispute your bans publicly or sell anything over the MCGamer platforms, so of course the thread will get locked.
    • 3 were locked because a thread that covers the same topic already exists - we don't need duplicate and repetitive threads.
    • 5 were locked due to the request of the thread OP - duh.
    • Lastly, 5 were locked due to the resolution of the problem.
Out of 43 threads that were locked, I just covered all 43. Not one thread was locked for no good reason.

Saying that there is absolutely nothing that can be discussed due to the locking of a lot of threads is completely wrong. These threads are locked for reasons. If they weren't locked, they'd just sit there taking up space. Saying that it leaves no space for conversation is also incorrect: in these threads, there really is no space for any more conversation anyway, that's why they got locked!

Instead of complaining about occurrences that help the community be a better place, I suggest that you come up with reasonable solutions to your "problems" and present them. After all, a complaint thread is only a complaint thread...

I'm not asking for a lock because I want to see your responses - there actually is room for discussion here.
Dayum aren't you mister talkative. That post is so old and it does nothing to prove your point as I was just messing around with people. Do you spend your whole life writing these replies?

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Dayum aren't you mister talkative. That post is so old and it does nothing to prove your point as I was just messing around with people. Do you spend your whole life writing these replies?
That was pretty disrespectful- please don't.

In actual fact he probably took 10 minutes to write it.

Other than that Moderators such as myself lock threads as many people have stated, we lock threads for many reasons; too repetitive, question has been answered, abuse and many more.

I can see this totally turning into a flame war but I'll leave it open for discussion if everyone agrees to not cause any flame. Thankyou.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
That's what you said last time you got burnt, too...

You're just mad, no need to hide it. ;)

If you really were just messing around with people, do a better job and also go somewhere else.

Kbai

Last edited:

evan99m

Spectator
Reaction score
These idiots don't know what getting burned is. Please lock this topic so these retards will stop posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci