• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Local vs Global Leaderboards

Leaderboards

• Total voters

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why not have locale and have also another option that may cost a little more which would be a gobal pass?

AlexHH25

Experienced
Reaction score
Go For Global, I feel it will give players a wider range to play in MCSG if they get the change to be global donator.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
As much as I want a global leaderboard, I also do kind of want the regional ones to stay...but by doing that, you are just adding yet another database, which I'm sure isn't your goal. ._.

If you can't do both, than honestly, I kind of want it to stay local - people who get all their wins in the US will play in the US only likely...so if the leaderboards were global, then the people looking at them would see a bunch of players they'd never run into anyway. While it's nice to compare yourself to the world, it's also nice to see who is actually really good in your region, so you know who to watch out for and who you might bump into.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
You can do both local and global. This would be done by tracking statistics on a day by day basis in each location, then at the end of the day for that location, sync it to the 'master' database, which would account for that day only.
The day would be determined by GMT time for all locations in order to manage this.
This would also allow us to further break down stats into daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly.

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
You can do both local and global. This would be done by tracking statistics on a day by day basis in each location, then at the end of the day for that location, sync it to the 'master' database, which would account for that day only.
The day would be determined by GMT time for all locations in order to manage this.
This would also allow us to further break down stats into daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly.
I totaly agree with you, whatever you said
Years :)

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Global DONATIONS- yes.
Global leaderboards- only if you keep the regional ones, that makes us under 100 winners seem stupid. Like me. #SadnessFace

iMightTroll

Diamond
Reaction score
When you think bout it if you did global leaderboard and you wanted to look good on the global leaderboard and say you were around rank 200 on the local leaderboard if you went global you would be rank 248865th

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
When you think bout it if you did global leaderboard and you wanted to look good on the global leaderboard and say you were around rank 200 on the local leaderboard if you went global you would be rank 248865th
No, you wouldn't

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci