• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Games 4 - After party!

Are you excited?

• Yes.

Votes: 65 91.5%
  • No.

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters

Sean

District 13
Reaction score

Welcome back to the 4th installment of the Community Games!

For the 4th edition we have changed things up... a lot.
This will all be explained bellow.

The event is scheduled for Saturday the 21st June. This event will be at 5 pm BST. I will link a count down timer shortly.

Updates:
  • Shown bellow are the updates in brief.
  • 48 player instead of 120.
  • Improved application process.
  • Possibly a bigger prize.
  • The big one, A map made for the community games.
Detailed explanation of these updates.
  • We have built a map specifically for the 4th edition of the community games. The map is a 48 player map set in medieval times which has been built over the past 3 days with the help from Frazzli185 KitMencha and the members of the Kithex build team who were kind enough to lend the server to build on. We have decided to make it only 48 players so it is fair between the staff and community e.g. 24 staff 24 community members and also it would of been extremely difficult to build a 120 player map in the short window that we had . Due to the limited spaces I have redeveloped the application process which will be explained bellow. As for the prizes.... Well you will have to stay tuned.
The application process.
Due to only 24 community members able to play we have made a more competitive application process. This is how you apply.
Please answer the following questions and email your application to [email protected]

Staff keep an eye out in staff chat for further announcements on how you apply!

The Questions.
  1. Your forum name?
  2. You in-game name?
  3. Your region (US/EU/AU/CA)
  4. Have you participated in the community games before?
  5. Why do you think you should be chosen as an applicant?
  6. It will require teamwork to do well in the community games. How will you benefit your team?
Just a little tip to stand a better chance of getting accepted. The more detail you give in questions 5/6 the better your chances are.

How will the applicants be chosen? Me along with the rest of the Community Games team will review the applications in detail and the top 50 will be chosen. For the 50 successful applicants we will then raffle out the 24 spots (This could be less as due to a few people who have helped tremendously in setting it up etc.)

If you are chosen you will be notified on this thread as well as via PM.

The 1st round of the application process will last till next Thursday the 12th June. The winners of the raffle will the announced Friday the 13th June.

Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.

I will leave you with some screen shots of the map you will be playing on ;) Expect Trailer soon.

The community games team.
Sean (FlintySteely)
Swordz_
Frazzli185
KitMencha
MoLoToV
Captain | Lqzer

.....By the way I know I spelled excited wrong :/

Last edited:

Aafk3

Survivor
Reaction score
1rd

Edit: Looks awesome!
Edit Edit: Is the poll supposed to be exited? Shouldn't it be "excited" ;D

Last edited:

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This reminds me so much of the Hell Games, of which is something that I loved. Thanks for bringing that feel back.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm interested in applying, but I want to make sure I can actually come... Do you know when you'll have more time details? At least do you know the general time and whether it'll be a weekend or not?

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I'm interested in applying, but I want to make sure I can actually come... Do you know when you'll have more time details? At least do you know the general time and whether it'll be a weekend or not?
It will be on a Saturday.
  1. Your forum name? SirCumstances
  2. You in-game name? backhandslap123
  3. Your region (US/EU/AU/CA) US or CA
  4. Have you participated in the community games before? Nope.
  5. Why do you think you should be chosen as an applicant? I should be chosen as an applicant because I'm fairly decent at the game, and I know how important teamwork can be to win a game. Although I've never really done something like this, I know that it takes the full effort of a team to their best, not just one or two people.
  6. It will require teamwork to do well in the community games. How will you benefit your team? To be honest, I'm not really sure how I would benefit my team. PvP isn't always my thing, although sometimes I can be very good. Really, the most I could probably offer are possible some strategies or tactics. Sometimes, I try to get my brother to actually set up a trap for an opponent, but I've never really tried it with someone as good or better than me. Even then, I might not be able to come up with something on the spot. Really, after that, I can be an dispensable player when making an important attack.
EDIT: I sound like a chess player xD
Please send an email.

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
I'm applying. I'm so pumped!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member