• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Command Blocks | Ideas for a work-around

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
At the last Developer Q&A I asked if I would be able to use Command Blocks in my map and was told "most definitely not!" Apparently, people could include text in the command blocks that would hurt the survival games (like /stop or /endgame or /begin dm).

What I'm suggesting is that someone (Like SethBling) make a MCEdit filter that exports all command block text to a .txt file. Then it can be reviewed and made sure that there aren't any harmful commands. It would allow map creators to use extremely useful commands such as /setblock, /testfor, /xp, /msg, /effect, /tppos, and tons of other ones. In my MCSG map I used tons of command blocks creating elevators and traps that don't require pistons and drastically reduce lag, but I had to remove all of them and most were replaced with redstone.

So anyways, if anyone knows python plz make dat filter. ;D​

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't know much about this kind of stuff but it might just work....

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large amount of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci