• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Clearing some things up

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
Hello all.

Recently I've been thinking about my demotion from moderator. It's not really something I talk about much and there's actually a surprising amount of people who don't know that I was demoted and thought I resigned. I'd like to clear a few things up, because it's something many people ask about and it'd be nice to get it out in the open before it haunts me in the future.

So why was I demoted? Back in January of this year, a (now former) friend of mine asked about a question in the moderator application format. He was unsure on how to write that particular question, and knew I had a successful application so thought to ask me about it. Generally, when people ask me for help with their app, I give them tips and tell them I can't say too much because of information-sharing policies moderators have. This time, however, because I had known him for a year and I could trust him, I sent him the portion of my application which answered the question, telling him not to put it into his application, however to read it and 'take notes' on how I did it then write his own. This was really because I was lazy and couldn't be bothered to give him tips.

You can guess what happened from here. Turns out he used my answer to that question and simply pasted it onto his application. The change in writing styles would have stuck out like a sore thumb. By the next staff meeting, I had been demoted from my position and banned from applying until the 10th of July for sharing information involving applications. He was banned from the forums for a short time and banned from applying permanently I believe, I soon lost contact as you may imagine.

But something I'd like to clear up is my stance on my demotion. For the first few months I thought a demotion was over the top and was very 'salty' for a long time. When I told people why I was demoted I made it sound as if it was out of my hands and not entirely my fault. But now I know that despite never meaning anything negatively against the network and staff rules, I understand that I was in the wrong completely and should have never shared that portion of my application. It's a mistake I made and didn't take seriously at the time, which I now regret.

I'd like to apologize to the senior staff team and to the community for my patchy sharing of my removal from the staff team, and I hope getting this all out there will help me move on. A lot of my recent effort to be more involved on the forums and in the community is to 'make up' for this and hopefully I've made better of my mistake.

Thank you all for reading.

SuperMCSam

Career
Reaction score
Wow. This takes a lot. I got demoted too but man. This takes a lot of courage. Anywho, gl with applying if you want to.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ironic how July 10th is my birthday.
Anyways, don't dwell on it too much. You just made a mistake, and besides, you didn't know he was going to do that. Just let it stay in the past and play MCGamer just for fun while you don't have to moderate!

N

Nikola

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit them, and strong enough to learn on them." John C. Maxwell

That's one of my favourite quotes. You we're big enough to admit your mistakes, smart enough to profit them and strong enough to learn on them, whether it was thru the easy way or the hard one. In this case it was the hard one, by suffering the consequences of a demotion. I respect you because you we're strong enough to share this.

Mike_

Survivor
Reaction score
I hate it when you trust someone and then they stab you in the back like that.

Friiday

Experienced
Reaction score
You were a great Moderator, but it's very mature how you are handling the situation and really does show that you deserve a second chance. Hopefully, in the coming weeks/months I will see you as a Staff Member again. :)

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
We've all made mistakes, but mistakes aren't necessarily a bad thing. You've obviously learned from it and won't make a similar or same mistake again, which is a good thing. Honestly, I hope you reapply in July and prove yourself to the Sr. Staff and community again.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I can tell you that you're not alone, in the fact that you made a mistake. Plenty of other staff members and ex-staff members have all made mistakes, and it's through learning from them we become better at what we do. I myself have screwed up a few times, and I've had my rough patches here and there, but just stick to it. And think, July 10th is coming in hot! :3

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Awwww, I'm sorry to hear this, unfortunately things take a turn for the worst in life, but the fact that you can reapply one day is the world's way of giving you a second chance. This time, make a promise to try your absolute best and do your absolute best! It takes a lot of courage to admit to something like that, so you already have my respect. I hope you come back and show these players that there's more to your person than another mod who got fired. Make me and the community proud boo!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci