• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

ChrisMSavage - Moderator Application

• Thread starter EhCanadianBacon
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EhCanadianBacon

Your name: Christopher Michael Savage

Your age: 16 (17 on August 25th, 2013)

Your Minecraft username: ChrisMSavage

Do you have any MCBans? (If so, explain): Yes, I do, but I didn't understand why. I couldn't log on to a server for an hour because of "/kill", however, I didn't know what "/kill" was. I noticed a person in the lobby saying something along the lines of "Want to see how many kills you have? Type /kill to find out." To me it seemed fishy, especially because we were all in pregame. So I asked, what does "/kill" actually do to the people in the lobby. A person told me that it was another way to do "/suicide". So I left it at that because I understood the meaning. After the match was over, I couldn't enter another until that hour passed.

Past administration or moderation experiences: Honestly, none. But where should one start moderating if they are always looking for past administration or moderation experiences? (Not being rude, just stating a simple fact.)

How would you punish players for breaking the rules?: Punishment depends on the severity of the problem and the problem itself. Say for example, a child I was babysitting hit another child that I was babysitting, then I would tell them its not nice, and they would have a time out. However, if the situation were more severe, like a child I was babysitting killed another child I was babysitting, then I would inform the officials. As I mentioned before, severity and the problem itself are the key to the solution.

Why do you believe you are qualified to be a moderator?: Volunteer moderators are here to help keep the forums and in game experiences safe. I for one love helping people and keeping them safe. It's part of who I am, and who I want to become (career wise). Since I am within the average age group that plays this game, I know what people are thinking and I can prevents certain situations from happening as I see things escalate.

In what ways would your presence benefit our staff team?: I would help benefit your staff team by managing the inappropriate activity of the forums and in game by keeping the though that there is a younger group of kids that play this game in mind. As I mentioned before, safety is key for all players. Also, closing completed threads would also help control spam and would also maintain organisation within the forums.

Do you have the ability to record video?: Yes.

Do you own a microphone?: Yes.

How much time a week are you willing to donate to help moderate our forums and servers?: Approximately 14 hours (approximately 2 hours a day). Possibly more.

Where are you located? (Time zone): (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

I, Christopher Michael Savage, accept the responsibilities by donating my own time by watching over the MCSG Community and agree that any mistake or action not approved by the administration could result in permanent ban or removal from the website.

billyboy039

Spectator
Reaction score
wrong section, what you wanna do is go into moderator applications, post it there.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
HI ChrisMSavage, please post your moderator application here. :)

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci