• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Chatting in game: Useful guide

Was this guide helpful?

• Not really ((tell me why)).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
If you are reading this, you are hopefully a new player. I am making this guide to help you get started at MCSG, in the chat.

Read the rules!
  • If you have not already, read the rules of MCSG. Regardless if you are new to our servers or not, the staff expects you to follow every rule. The rules can be read in the lobby of every MCSG server, AU, EU, US, CA and AS.
Use good and understandable grammar in the lobby!
  • Try your best to use good grammar. Using shortenings like "u, 2, y etc" is obviously okay, but spelling every sentence like an eight year old kid when you can do alot better will most likely make you look "less professional" in your fellow players' eyes. This is something important to keep in mind when you are in the lobby, not in the game. But try your best to use good grammar wherever you are!
Be mature and show good sportmanship!
  • Always act mature and calm. If you die, you can either rage on the person who killed you and claim that he/ she is a hacker, or show good sportmanship by saying "GG!" ((Good Game!)). I think you understand which is the right thing to say. Raging is, regardless the situation, very unnecessary. Raging may be considered as using caps-lock, swearing or accusing fellow players for hacking ((by using caps or swearing)). If a player is hacking/ using foul language ((breaking the rules in any way)), report them. Reporting can be done by taking screenshots or recording them using Fraps, Bandicam or any other recording software. At the countdown before the game, say "GL/ HF" ((good luck/ have fun)), at the end of a game, say "GG!" Showing sportmanship and being nice to your fellow players will make the most people like you.
I don't know if there is much more to say than this. Follow my tips and you will be liked by both your fellow players in game, and the staff!

((Keep in mind that these rules shall be followed not only in game, but on the MCSG forums too.))

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not even sure if there is a thread like this out there. Good job!
Good Guide!
Thank you guys. I am very strict when it comes to grammar so I kind of felt forced to make a thread like this.

If a staff member finds any spelling mistakes in my thread, please fix them. Updates will come if I find it necessary to add another topic on this thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci