• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Can't Join a Game Due to Incredible Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threefacedman

Spectator
Reaction score
I have yet to play my first game because every time I enter the lobby, my game lags to the point of freezing, and occasionally displays the 'minecraft has run out of memory' error report. I've already enacted all the recommended procedures (Installed OptiFine, made sure graphics are set to fast, etc.), but these had little or no effect on the lag. My computer and internet aren't high end, but they're both decent. I did notice that while I was on the servers I couldn't access the OptiFine video options from the menu. Any advice as to how to reduce my lag to playable levels?

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Does this only happens on the MCSG server? Did you try other servers?
You might wana try to re-install minecraft.

CandyFTW

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It may be caus of the giant city outside the lobby i could be wrong.. Why dont you give your minecraft some more RAM?

Threefacedman

Spectator
Reaction score
So far its mainly happened in the MCSC servers, although I've had problems on the Game of Blocks server as well. I've tried allocating more RAM to Java, but I've heard mixed reports about what that does to lag, and I haven't really seen much of a change. Should I be allocating more RAM to minecraft itself, instead of JAVA? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Threefacedman

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I cranked the memory alloted to minecraft all the way up to 6G (I have 8G on my computer) and minecraft continued to crash, albeit this time without an error report. I always last something like 30 seconds before it freezes, and its usually after the server itself sends a message about something or other. Idk if this is just coincidence or what.

Rashirim

Experienced
Reaction score
wow that is extreme lag well this will not help nut if you have a little lag (wich u dont) u should put ur distance to short but here is something that WILL probably help if i play minecraft online sometimes i cant log in beacuse minecraft servers are working too hard so i went to the website and it said that i needed a few tries to plaay online so it is maybe beacause minecraft servs are working too hard thats all i know for now

Threefacedman

Spectator
Reaction score
Ok I found an error report squirreled away int the .minecraft folder. Apparently its some problem with the Java HotSpot Client not being able to write core dump. Kinda out of my league computer wise, so any advice people might have I'll take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci