• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cake: It's more useful than you think!

TheDeviousKitty

Survivor
Reaction score
Many new tactics have been arising as MCSG has progressed. People began to realize how useful flint and steel was and more and more people began to block hit, luckily many people don't because it is disrespected (for good reason).

Cake is one of the most useful items in MCSG. Now, if you are not a pro and don't know some of the uses, your thinking "Ya! It's for a good party!". No. There are many ways cake can save your life.

Cake: The Quick Eat

Being chased? Don't have time to eat? Drop down a cake and take a few bites because eating cake does not slow you down. If you chaser is too close. Put it down and run in circles. If your a good enough runner with lots of cake you'll be able to run for a very long time.

Cake: The Jailer

Really don't want to deal with someone until tou get better gear? If they wander through a 2 high 1 wide door way, light it ablaze right? Wrong. They can still get through fire and you'll have to watch them to ensure they don't escape. Place a cake. It will make to doorway 1.5 blocks high and they can't get out until they eat the whole cake, which could take a long time. You can also use this too block people out from getting you. Know areas where you can do this to people.

Cake: The Extinguisher

I have personally never seen anyone use this but me. Your trapped. Someone has blocked your only exit to a area with a row of fire. Everyone knows you can't put out fire in MCSG right? You can. Place a cake where the fire is. No more fire. Run over the cake. Problem solved. This has helped me out of countless situations.

Cake: The Booster Seat

I have never actually used this one (because I have yet to find a jump where I need it). Having trouble with a jump. Place a cake a jump off that. Extra height for the win.

Cake: The Lure

Lets face it. If people are cake, and they are a tad low on food, they are heading for it. Place a cake on or in a trap. Go a fair distance away and crouch. Jump out and trigger the trap when they are eating it. You would be surprised how many kills I've gotten with cake bait.

Cake: The Life of the Party

Got extra cake in final two or three? Have a party with your teammate if you have one. Throw stuff everywhere, eat cake and jump around. Oh, and don't forget to fight at some point.

This has been a lesson. I always have a cake in my hot bar, two if I can. Never waste it, it can save your life.

Codered1218

Experienced
Reaction score
I really like the jumping boost one. I never thought about it before. I will definitely be using cake more now. Nice tips!!

Egrodo

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't even know if this is serious but it's awesome.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I actually never thought of a lot of those cake things :) Really helpful thread! Sadly, you can't place cake in deathmatch.

Antster360

District 13
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said so true about cake. Saved my life in SG about 10 times. And on Map 1 I trapped probably like 10 people in the ship xD.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Ha ha, awesome thread. Who knew cake could be so much more awesome than we already knew :p
I have used cake to eat to heal while being chased so many times, sometimes multiple cakes, just spamming them wherever I go on the ground since I don't have time to finish them when I place them xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci