• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Breaking Boats and not placing vines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
So a week or so ago I noticed you can no longer pick up the wood blocks from breaking the boats. This is how I used to make a bowl to ensure I didn't starve to death. Why did this change? The blocks of wood still drop when you punch a boat until it breaks, but you are unable to pick them up. For some reason you can still pick up the sticks though.

About the same time I noticed you can no longer place vines that you collect when you cut them with sheers. This is how I used to easily get to the enchantment table, now I die over and over trying to sprint jump my way there.

Anyone know why these two features were removed from the games?

Firedog150

Career
Reaction score
They were never intended features.

All blocks that you can place should have been disabled from being picked up, leaves, planks, wool.

About the same time I noticed you can no longer place vines that you collect when you cut them with sheers. This is how I used to easily get to the enchantment table, now I die over and over trying to sprint jump my way there.
Placing vines were not even intended as you could get to places not allowed or through way of bypassing a challenge.

That room is supposed to be high risk, high reward. If you can successfully complete the challenge then you will obtain the reward. If you place vines to just move over there, well that really isn't intended.

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So a week or so ago I noticed you can no longer pick up the wood blocks from breaking the boats. This is how I used to make a bowl to ensure I didn't starve to death. Why did this change? The blocks of wood still drop when you punch a boat until it breaks, but you are unable to pick them up. For some reason you can still pick up the sticks though.

Anyone know why these two features were removed from the games?

Wait.. you don't know how to sprint jump? o_O You double tap W, hold spacebar. It's that easy, bro.

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
They were never intended features.

All blocks that you can place should have been disabled from being picked up, leaves, planks, wool.

Placing vines were not even intended as you could get to places not allowed or through way of bypassing a challenge.

That room is supposed to be high risk, high reward. If you can successfully complete the challenge then you will obtain the reward. If you place vines to just move over there, well that really isn't intended.
I get the not being able to place blocks... But you never could place the wood blocks from breaking a boat.... You can still pick up the sticks that drop, the wood blocks were just an interesting way to craft a bowl or more sticks...

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
Wait.. you don't know how to sprint jump? o_O You double tap W, hold spacebar. It's that easy, bro.
You can sprint?!?! O man now I'll be able to catch you before you log off when I'm attacking you ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci