• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Brand new custom computer, still bad FPS.

DontGriefBro

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi!
On my old computer, I had an EVGA Geforce GTX 470 which got decent FPS, 30-60. I built a new computer because my dad needed the old one, and the CPU is an AMD FX-6300 (Six core 3.5GHz) and an MSI Radeon 7950 GPU. I get around 90 FPS in Battlefield 4, but only 20-30 FPS in Minecraft. I don't understand how minecraft requires better specs than Battlefield 4, but BF4 was built on AMD. Is there any reason I am getting terrible FPS in Minecraft? I have a 120 GB SSD, 8GB DDR3 RAM.
Thanks,
Eliot :)

vyber60

Survivor
Reaction score
i dont know im sorry, i wish i could help because you must be frustrated with this, sorry i feel bad for you, also get optifine and see what that does

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Well, Minecraft mainly runs on ram and cpu speed, which is kind of weird, since your cpu and ram seem pretty good. Maybe you need to allocate more ram into Minecraft?

Also, what OS are you using?

DontGriefBro

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, Minecraft mainly runs on ram and cpu speed, which is kind of weird, since your cpu and ram seem pretty good. Maybe you need to allocate more ram into Minecraft?

Also, what OS are you using?
I'll try that out, and Windows 8

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How much RAM do you have dedicated to Minecraft?

J

Joel/MadDawg

I feel bad for you. I really don't know much about computers, though, so I can't help you :(

V

Viretine

That sucks! I have a Radeon HD7950 as well with 8 GB of Ripjaws RAM and a i5 4570. But I get 200+ fps with only 1 GB allocated to minecraft.

Latinto

Tribute
Reaction score
Ditto dude, I have a sweet pc but it seems i aint getting the max fps I could be getting.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I know more about intel and nvidia. But I will still try helping you:
Are all your drivers up to date? I went ahead and got you the latest Catalyst for your card and OS: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64
Download that if you haven't already, chances are high that it works. Check drivers for all of your hardware regularly, it will probably increase your speed and compatibility.
Make sure you got the latest java aswell.
If that doesn't help, have a look at your task manager and see what may be taking up so many resources. I personally run on 16GB, back when I had 8 I did get lag sometimes because minecraft can take up a lot of ram really quickly.
I need some more info about your system if that doesn't help either, I'll do my best helping you!

FloppyMonitor

Diamond
Reaction score
Try allocating more memory to mine raft. If that doesn't work get optifine. Lastly, try to update you drivers on your computer.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Try allocating more memory to mine raft. If that doesn't work get optifine. Lastly, try to update you drivers on your computer.
Keeping all drivers up to date is ALWAYS good to do. I do weekly checks, and I never have any problems!

O

omridan13

Allocate more memory to minecraft then download optifine and if its still bad mess around with the settings also make sure in video settings forget which part but make sure it says maxFPS somewhere in there hope I helped you because I'm not the best at this stuff but it helped me doing this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci