• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bounty System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have been playing on MCSG for like 3 months and I've never learned how bounty works , I mean one time I heard from my friend , that when you think someone is gonna die , you just bounty him , and when he dies , you get the double of bounty you bet , so when I bounted someone someone like 10 Points and when he died it said "10 points have been claimed upon adgfasd's death" , I didn't get any points , actullay my points got lowered by 10.....Then I tried , that when someone is DOMINATING or something , you put bounty on him and you get points when he kills. I did this , when the one I bounted him killed someone it didn't say anything.
Halps...

Reaction score
If a spectator bounties their points, they lose their points regardless of the outcome of the battle. However, it is a way for spectators to interact with the game. Putting a bounty on someone's head boosts the morale of the game. If person A was bountied for 400 points, the spectator lost those points, but whoever kills person A will get those 400 points in addition to the points they normally get for killing A. If A wins, then they get to keep those points. A bounty over someone will add incentive and motivation to a battle. Players may want those points, so they may battle more passionately than if they fought someone without a bounty. Likewise, A may be more protective over his life, wanting to keep those points. Points are mainly for bounties and sponsoring anyways, so you're not losing anything too valuable, and you increase the stakes of the game when you do. I've seen teams turn on one another because of bounties!
Just a final note, although setting bounties is fun, do not abuse this feature by spam setting. If you want to set a bounty of 100 points, just do /bounty <player> 100. Do not spam the chat with small intervals (10+10+10+20+10+15+15+10). That is spam is a kickable (or if you have history, bannable) offence.

Reaction score
So I have been setting bounty for nothing , and losing points -.- , great , I am such a genius..

Reaction score
Well it's not for nothing! It makes for a better show! It makes people more bloodthirsty, and you get the pleasure of seeing people squabble over your points.

Reaction score
But do you really need them? What are you going to use them for except bounties and sponsoring? Points don't mean anything, it's your wins and kills that really show your skill.

HonestAbe17

Survivor
Reaction score
If a spectator bounties their points, they lose their points regardless of the outcome of the battle. However, it is a way for spectators to interact with the game. Putting a bounty on someone's head boosts the morale of the game. If person A was bountied for 400 points, the spectator lost those points, but whoever kills person A will get those 400 points in addition to the points they normally get for killing A. If A wins, then they get to keep those points. A bounty over someone will add incentive and motivation to a battle. Players may want those points, so they may battle more passionately than if they fought someone without a bounty. Likewise, A may be more protective over his life, wanting to keep those points. Points are mainly for bounties and sponsoring anyways, so you're not losing anything too valuable, and you increase the stakes of the game when you do. I've seen teams turn on one another because of bounties!
Just a final note, although setting bounties is fun, do not abuse this feature by spam setting. If you want to set a bounty of 100 points, just do /bounty <player> 100. Do not spam the chat with small intervals (10+10+10+20+10+15+15+10). That is spam is a kickable (or if you have history, bannable) offence.
Dat Math Doe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci